Blue Period - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Where Are We Headed

Sick chapter as always, also it is cool to see that all the work he's doing is paying off and he's doing well.

whenever i read this, i always google the artwork, but i still have no idea what im supposed to look at

Contributor
msZEsyr.png

I'm glad this character archetype transcends borders

Fed-Kun's army
@ shaper1
It's probably like with Yaguchi when he tried to look up artwork in magazines and such. It's better to go to a museum or gallery, even if the paintings are less famous. When it comes to a painting's impression, everything matters, even the size of the canvas matters, since the artists often consider what ends up in your peripheral vision when your gaze is drawn to the painting's focal points. Take the triangles used in this chapter's example: it manipulates the human mind's tendency to look for patterns everywhere, its tendency to fill in missing details in the imagination, and where your gaze will focus and what ends up in the edges of your vision. First, the abundance of triangle shapes in the painting makes your mind more open to seeing similar triangles. Then, it gives you incomplete triangles in your peripheral vision, but by leaving them incomplete (by cutting them off at the canvas' edges), your mind subconsciously completes the triangles in your mind, which makes your impression go beyond the canvas. So, the painting becomes larger in your impression than its in reality. For such manipulation to take place, size, distance, light etc. are very important.
Basically, you have to be in the right conditions in order to be manipulated the way that the artist wanted you to be, in order to get the impression the artist was looking to impart.
wordswordswordswords

Fed-Kun's army
I love how educational this is. The story is great on its own, but I’m also learning more about art than I ever have before.

Double-page supporter
Her nail polish vanishing in some panels stimulates my OCD.

Users who are viewing this thread