Sachiiro no One Room

Contributor
Thanks for the update JB. Nice to see this serie is back.

She has it better with that dude her parents and her school wont do her good but end her life somehow the uneasy feeling i got because literally this will be one hell of a sad suicide story

Double-page supporter
I dunno why, but this manga makes me remember a certain vn 'Teaching Feelings'

Don't think its a case of Lima Syndrome since Mr. Kidnapper already had a thing for Sachi before taking her. As for Sachi, I think calling her feelings a case of Stockholme syndrome is a bit simple. Before she was kidnapped, she was being beaten, bullied, verbally/emotionally abused and sexually assaulted and if she stayed where she was at; it would have only been a matter of time until she ended up murdered or committed suicide so I think she figured that being kidnapped by a stranger could not be worse than what she was already dealing with. Kind of like jumping off a sinking ship: there might be sharks, the water might be bitterly cold, might be stranded out in the middle of the ocean for days or weeks but staying on the ship is certain death. So, it would be a simple choice between the unknown or suffering followed by death.

Just my thoughts on the manga.

Fed-Kun's army
A massive update and a
heaping helping of karma?
Count me the fuck in.

Dex-chan lover
What is it with shoujo manga and romanticizing being kidnapped/abducted/forced into marriage? If you're reading it, isn't it like admitting you want to be dominated and treated like a possession? Who tagged this as seinen?

Fed-Kun's army
@Ironclad Its marked as seinen because its a seinen manga? You do know Shoujo and Seinen arent genres right?

@Ironclad
From what i know, Seinen manga are manga marketed toward young adult men, and from what i see, it indeed so?

So your point was?

Fed-Kun's army
@Ironclad Ye, why is Mario tennis genres Sports, Teen, Action. Crazy. Did you hear that new genre coming out called A18? It has some competition with RPG and FPS.

Dex-chan lover
@LineaR What part of this is targeted towards young adult men? The artstyle emphasizes gaunt bodies and simple faces with big eyes common in shoujo manga. The romance is completely alien from a male perspective. He doesn't even react to seeing her naked. The depiction of bullying is also very feminine. Emphasis on scars and isolation less so than humiliation and a desire for revenge.

@Omoni You're the only person talking about genres. This was labelled as Demographic: Seinen but this is clearly targeted to the shoujo demographic.

Users who are viewing this thread