Gofun Go no Sekai - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Next Destination

Contributor
Thank you for your hard work.

I understand your notes. I admit that I had posted like that before, but I guess it was due to broken expectations. Based on the first few chapters, I sort of thought that this would be a mystery series, where the MC and his friends try to uncover the mystery of the Buddhas, trying to avoid direct combat for obvious reasons, and then turn back time to avoid the apocalypse. But then they give the MC a magic ball and are all “okay we just need to kill the Buddhas and then there will be no more Buddhas”. I can understand it, being a shonen manga, but it’s still tough to handle.

While I don’t think this series is my cup of tea anymore, I do want to thank you for showing me it in the first place. Who knows? Maybe things will get better later on. Based on your comments, Volume 3 will uncover some of the mystery, and it might be exciting.

Group Leader
A warning for negative reviews? Isn't that kinda petty? Nobody is complaining about the scanlation. It's super good in fact. What I don't like about the plot is that it's turning into a punch-fest. The characters don't have a plan. They just jump right into battle. The MC is too emotional. Losing the girl only made him worse. The future guy is no better. Leading them into the subway with zero training and preparations? That's suicidal.

I liked the first few chapters. If it was sort of a mystery like what the other poster said, it would be super interesting. The author took a wrong turn imo. But if they are going to steer it back onto a better path, good for them. I'll continue to read it solely because I had already started it, and is interested to find out the ending. Either I watch it become the manga of the year, or watch it crash and burn like Shoukugeki. Author's choice.

Aggregator gang
Why couldnt people just not read it if they don't like it instead of being a little bitch about it?

Double-page supporter
I'm enjoying the manga, but it's kind of annoying to see yet another manga/anime whining about "muh pacificist constitutions" and how that fact that the JSDF has any sort of oversight is the worst thing in all of the world. I hope this is just a one off thing and not another GATE situation...

I'm with xyzzy (i didn't post anything though). I thought it would have more of a mystery side to it. I'm very much into weak main characters having to deal with despair inducing situations, so having the magic ball suddendly appear and it becoming a let's just kill the monsters is indeed kinda disappointing...

That said, i still quite enjoy a lot of "let's just kill the monsters" type of mangas too, so it's not that big of a deal... People just have to accept that, since it's not them that are writting the story, it'll sometimes not go the way they want.

Also, to Snowmanne... what are you even talking about? this doesn't resemble GATE in the slightest... Gate takes a way more political aproach to the interaction between worlds, this... doesn't even mention another world, and the sole interaction is immediate killing, the statues don't even show any form of communication. There is no "pacifist constitution" on this too... they're fighting against statues for all they know... no one is hesitating on killing statues. The JSDF didn't oversight things, it's not a independent organization, it responds to government. The author just had it fail due to burocratic reasons, on taking too long for government to respond to such sudden catastrophe.

XL

Double-page supporter
Bruh where's the training montage? Can't fight bad guys without a training montage come on Author you're better than this!! I'm talking about waterfall meditation, hot spring naked peeking, playing with sparklers, climbing up a mountain and then going "yeah we did it guys, we da best", all that cliche cheesy shit. Talk about a miss opportunity.

Contributor
I might have been silent for the whole ordeal, but I like to read these types of manga once in a while. Besides this is still fresher than those shounen that are waaaaaaaaay too long. At least the tropes are done in a less redundant way imo.

Dex-chan lover
I understand when you translated something and people just be bashing it, but man, it's just that the first 2~3 chapters are so cool, and then a whole thing goes downhill so fast.
I bet if the girl didn't die, this manga would not be like this.

Please continue with the translations. I'm actually quite interested in where this series will go.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I really like this series! It's shonen for sure- but I wouldn't read shonen if I couldn't enjoy it. And the protagonist feels very refreshing to me. Neither too self pitying, but also relatably down on himself. And I can't say I've ever seen a world-ending threat like this one before- let along the weapons they gained.

It's very courteous of the scan group to leave a message like this, I think. Thank you for your hard work!

Group Leader
I completely understand how discouraging it is to spend your free time scanlating a manga with no compensation, only to read comments complaining about it. If it means anything, I’m really enjoying it and your translation and typesetting is excellent.
It helps to keep in mind that even though there are a dozen or so negative comments, there are 2000+ people still reading every chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank for scanlating! As @RocketPig said, it's always the vocal minority that you hear about. The amount of views and follows tells a lot more.
Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread