Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age - Vol. 5 Ch. 34 - Reward

Dex-chan lover
Guys, it's just the tooth fairy. Nothing to get worked up about.

These manga partitions have a bad tendency of leaving us on fairly low impact yet weirdly compelling cliffhangers.. :p

6EwRjtp.gif

@purizumu why don't she just splash almighty healing potion on the gu-- oh wait wrong manga.

lol 😂
I also thought so, moreover both manga are currently at war arc.

iirc Mitsuha has self-healing ability, doesn't she?

as Loli Mamoritai's page specifically asks for constructive criticism i'll say now this series is in desperate need of a decent proofreader. since nobody has stepped up after 34 chapters i'll helpfully lay out my issues with and recommendations for this chapter:
M0A3ZbL.png

SENTENCE FRAGMENTS: this interaction sounds like robots greeting each other. a more natural flow could be
"Here Mitsuha-onee-sama, I have a letter from my father for you"
"Wow, an invitation to the royal palace!"

iKlOkVU.png

this whole bubble just feels awkward. im sure there's a better way to rewrite it but with the least changes i might go with
"There are many people lined up for this audience. Well, naturally there are others receiving rewards, but some of the great lords are just here for appearances."

FfBKc8R.png

make sure to keep your tenses consistent, these bubbles switch over from past to present tense at random.
"The Lord's armies near the invasion route who fought hard to stall the enemies' advance."
"scouts & messengers…"
"the decisive battle was in front of the main gate…"

Cz1m0iw.png

another awkward sounding bubble. this might just have a missing word but could be rephrased to sound more natural
"actually there is one person who should be rewarded before me"
or
"actually there is someone more deserving of rewards than I"

N9N8z4Y.png

and another awkward sounding speech with more missing words
"he threw himself in front of the bolt that was aimed at commander ice bringer and I"
"a courageous, loyal, young aristocrat"

XelSSWo.png

proper tenses again, even though he is speaking about a past event, he should be speaking in the present tense
"is that so?"

08Rp3Xi.png

grammar, in this case "dead" would be an adjective that you are attempting to use as a verb. also this sentence is rather awkward.
"yes, without that person's actions I would be dead now"
or
"yes, if they did not take action I would have died right there"

yUcunoE.png

more missing words & jumbled sentence order.
"although he belongs to our kingdom's aristocratic order..."

to the translator: if you are reading this i appreciate your hard work and would love to see this series really shine! send me a DM or whatever if this helps at all, i am literally an editor IRL & would be happy to proofread & offer suggestions.

Dex-chan lover
OH BOY IT'S MY FAVORITE, WAR CRIMES!
Because apparently prisoners of war have A B S O L U T E L Y N O R I G H T S.
The author should just learn to chill, this is twice in a row already.

@dankdevice
translator never reply here (maybe because he don't have an account I guess) so any suggestion do it in the blog

Users who are viewing this thread