Page not centered when choosing fit width or no resize

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Gyein It works properly on Chrome on my end (no extensions), as well as Firefox (adblock). This sounds like an issue with your particular chrome browser. What browser extensions do you have on chrome?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Gyein Actually, now that I think about it, do you have a maximum container width set?

Contributor
@Gyein
It looks more like you read it on the double page setting in the chrome one

@Pika nah, it wasn't on the double page setting. That setting worked normally, but thanks for trying though

@Plykiya looks like that fixed it. I set it to 1550 pixels a while back and leaving it blank fixed the problem for me. Thanks for the help!

@Yoder_of_Kansas when you're on a chapter, click the settings option in the sidebar. The maximum container width should be in Display Settings, so just leave the field empty if you have anything entered for it.

@Gyein Oh thanks! didn't even see the check box for advanced settings there! I was having the same problem you were, but it seems the opposite fixed it. I had to set the max pixel width anywhere between 50 to 1200 to get the image back centered. Here's a pic of what it looks like if I set it to No Resize https://i.imgur.com/Jn9a8Qa.png

There's an issue with their CSS which is causing the extra left hand space.
If you're using chrome you can right click the image > inspect. Go to the sources tab. On the left side Mangadex.org > bootstrap > css > bootstrap.css?1531971506
Look for and delete

.m-auto {
margin: auto !important;
}

or alternatively hover over that extra left hand space right click inspect. and look for <div class="reader-image-wrapper col-auto my-auto justify-content-center align-items-center noselect nodrag row no-gutters"
Then remove m-auto

This is not a 1 time fix.

@Robot11 thanks for that, but it seems that if I set the width to 50 and then back to zero, it goes back to being centered. Haven't ran into the problem again. It may have started because I was reading an extra wide manga that I had to set to fit to width, and that just messed all the others up for me till I reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread