Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 68

Double-page supporter
Yess the death flag of the mining team are invalid!!!
Yesssss!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
I kinda miss that first girl.. wonder if she'll show up in the future chapter

Group Leader
Sad thing that the author did not really, really, really develop romance in the novel.

@Malos

She have a skill (or something) that allow her to smell hunters, except that the smell coming from the hunter is a foul smell, something that you find in garbage or equivalent. Having an hunter who don't smell like shit and even have a "good" smell must be something quite exceptionnal for her when, during many years, she simply had to support those putrid smells.

• This
Reactions: GK
I MISS THOSE DAYS WHEN YOU WERE SPOILED BY CONTINOUS DAILY UPLOADS ARRGGHH 😭

Yea just releasing my vent for a second. Nice chapter though, see you guys in the next chapter.

Double-page supporter
@Malos I haven't read the LN, but from context it seems like Hunters smell bad to her. Something impure, maybe? Maybe S-class Hunters don't smell weird? Seems to be part of her skills or something.

@Malos, well when you 'awaken' to the S-Rang, you also sometimes get special 'abilities'. You might hear incredibly better, or see incredibly far away, and so on. In her case, her nose is incredibly sharp like a dog. She basically can differentiate between all kinds of smell. Her nose is particularly sensitive to other hunters, the smell gets even worse when the hunter is stronger.

Kind of weird that they didn't explain it, since it was explained in the LN in the last chapter from the headworker. It might get explained in the next chapter, but it should have been explained last chapter if I recall correctly.

is this some kind of fan service?
iddRiGk.jpg

Her smell ability isn’t a “skill”, it’s more of a quirk. I don’t expect it to be a tide-turner ability in combat, maybe as a scout-ish ability. But like in many other stories, quirks like these add to the character’s uniqueness, and that’s probably it. Not because she is S-rank nor because she is strong; but just because she has that special quirk.

She did mentioned a lot how he was “the first to smell nice”. So this does not exclude any hunters, even high-ranked ones. I am very sure this is because MC is not gaining levels naturally like other hunters who have to shed blood and have killing intent. It is also similar to the Elf leader who said he can’t detect his killing intent as well.

For now, not very big deal. But I am expecting this will ties greatly with the origin of the “game system” and MC’s unnatural progress.

@Malos She can literally smell the magic that dwells within people, and the reason the MC smells different to her is because the source of his magic is different from other hunters due to being a player.

Dex-chan lover
The B-team has no idea their porter is stronger than their leader, any attackers, or tanks. Assuming they don't all die in the next chapters, I wonder how they will feel about it when the MC's rank reevaluation eventually becomes public, S rankers being such super celebrities. Especially that healer girl might feel embarrassed, unknowingly trying to convince an S ranker to feel safe protected by A and B rankers.

I'm starting to get annoyed by these cliffhangers. Sometimes a cliffhanger is good because it creates hype, but when the author does it every chapter it gets annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread