The Magic Chef of Ice and Fire

Fed-Kun's army
this is actually a very good series! compared to many of the other chinese/ webtoons, this is vastly superior. one of the best chinese webtoons out at the moment IMO.

someone please pick the glorious series up for translation and I will be eternally grateful! ?

Aggregator gang
Soooo underrated not only is the MC a badass but he isn’t a single minded and naive as most manhwa MCs, he’s no pussy who doesn’t finish of his foes but isn’t hot headed, but what sets it apart is the side characters especially the fmcs which aren’t one dimensional side characters for the sake of the MCs harem but actually offer substance to the plot

Btw anyone have a link to the manhwa raws?

Dex-chan lover
This is really pretty cool! and full color, hopefully the quality won't go down like many other mahuas in colors... But before that, I hope the translation continues because indeed is enjoyable to have a character who avoids making stupid stuff.

Ada

Ummmm is there a reason the art style/artist started to change in volume 2?
The old art suited the story better, the more shojo-style does not work for me in this story (hopa it will change back).

A great read, can't wait for updates. The mc is great.

Too bad the best girl (blacksmith girl) doesn't make enough appearences. Can't even remember her name due to that.

Not only did the art change in volume 2, but it became so cheesy. It doesn't work for me neither, i am dropping this one.

Fed-Kun's army
what a crying shame about the change of artist, but more importantly the change in tone and characters of the story.

way too shoujo in art and story, and MC has become the perfectly idealised Gary Stu shoujo protagonist that is perfect in every way. the story has lost its dark edge and is now just way too 'fluffy' and shoujo.

ARGHHH what an absolute travesty to befall such an excellent series. i'll probably continue to follow just to see if it improves; though unlikely, here's hoping....

Contributor
FYI : Vol 2 is not season 2 or season 1 was ended.
It because previous Artist passed away because of sick at vol 1(My Condolences)
Thus, this series hiatuses for 1 and half year, and then they found new artist to work with vol 2(but somewhat now the MC somehow become narsictic and shoujo-art ish)
So, bear with it

Aggregator gang
@Yamibi I don’t know if I mentioned it but this is another of this author’s works that I recommend a while back if you already havent looked him up. This manhua is definitely an underrated gem...

I didnt notice because i stopped reading this manhwa, but the new artist has completely changed the story and all its meaning. But, I give them credit for actually drawing as similar as the previous artist, although its a shame that everyone is in western clothing now :L

Only one question remains: where has the gay guy gone?

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Not the right thing to read if you want food/cooking. In the end, food is the 'subplot'. You could erase the Chef part and the story wouldn't really be missing anything significant.

Users who are viewing this thread