City of the Dead Sorcerer

WOAH. I haven’t seen this since all the Korean Webtoons were DMCA’d! Did it ever get picked up for an official translation?

No official translation yet. Some of their other stuff is up though.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/sweethome/list?title_no=1285
http://www.webtoons.com/en/thriller/bastard/list?title_no=485

Group Leader
EGS still translates this on their own, slightly broken reader, if you want to read up to this point

EDIT: NVM, the rest has been uploaded.

Sigh. I get so damn depressed when I read stories like this one. Great premise, decent art, etc... aaaaaand then the characters go completely braindead. Seriously, the flashback-story that explains why everything happened and how magic was spread to humans is the dumbest garbage I've read this week. Not ONE character seemed capable of engaging a SINGLE brain cell...

It's too late for me, I have to keep reading since I've invested this much, but I'd recommend those who want plots to make sense to stay away from this.

EDIT: still, thanks to anyone that's been a part of scanlating. The translations and edits have been really good, I just really can't stand the source material.

Aggregator gang
dropped @ chapter 13. I was hoping it would get interesting and that the characters would give you a reason to care about them and the world but everything is boring and dull

>Beacon(Final)

EXCUSE ME WHAT THE FUCK, THERE WAS MORE TO THIS THAN THAT WHEN I WAS READING THIS ON BATOTO

EXPLAIN

Dex-chan lover
I don't even recall I placed this one on my read list, but here I am.
Decent read half-way through, but got real boring at around chapter 60. The arc in chapter 40~50 was especially filler-ish and needless. The story just seemingly has no idea what it wants to focus on, the initial topics that were presented as interesting or mysterious, ended up being completely trivialized and rendered meaningless.
A few dozen chapters in, the comic feels more like a stream-of-consciousness of any random character the author chooses to throw in, with a dash of setting info-dumps. I just started skipping text until chapter 80, and honestly didn't had any problem following after the story.

At least this one was fun for a while...

Power Uploader
I'm done marathoning all of Carnby's work in English (except for Hanged Doll, which we'll redo from scratch because the original translation is insufferable).

I have to agree with his former partner, Aruani: he's not made for long-winded action works. Psychological thrillers that end before chapter 100 are his strength. Melo Holic and Bastard are masterpieces. Gorgon and Superior Day are also great. PIGPEN shows great promise.

Not that this is not enjoyable. When the author is good, even when they're not in their element they can do something that is above average. But this is nothing more. What I like the most about it is the humour.

Perhaps he'll prove me wrong with Sweet home, which has great pacing, characters and premise, and is already beyond chapter 120.

Man... this has been a thing for so long, i'd have been surprised if it was still going.

I dropped this when
redhood got brainwashed like an idiot
because that was the last straw since this has been going downhill since around chapter 100. Does it get any better or is it still shit? It's a shame because I felt like this had a ton of potential

"SDE01" It's like dark energy and dark metter in physics. Can't be seen and hard to detect. But in theory, it exists.

I read this comic a long time a go but stop because no updates. Can anyone tell me if the author unnecessarily drag the plot and is the story near the end? thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread