Martial King's Retired Life - Ch. 50

Were 50 chapters in. But I'm starting to get mad that he purposely makes every situation harder than it needs to be. By not even using a fraction of his strength 😑😑😑 in front of liu shan men . Like I know it's a plot device but damn its getting annoying now.

This is why I'm hesitating about reading an MC who hide his ability, sometimes his friends or family could get hurt because of it if he's overdone it (in hiding his ability), and regret it after.

Showing off your true power maybe would invite enemies that's more powerful, but that doesn't mean you're still consistent in hiding it until someone got hurt.

Group Leader
@sleepymonkey roughly vol. 2 ch. 25. Better if you read from the beginning of the volume, at the very least, since the differences could throw you off.

@KuroAnsatsu I'm not sure if it's because there's something lacking in the manhua or what, but how is revealing his identities (plural is correct) so that he has a dozen militaries, a dozen or more orthodox and unorthodox sects all hunting him down better again? Let's not forget there'd most probably be an international war. How is he supposed to protect his friends from that many people?
If there were perfect solutions, wuxia, as a genre, wouldn't emphasise 人在江湖,身不由己 so much.

I honestly don't get why he's still hiding his abilities. The whole thing about wanting to relax and get an easy pay check, isn't working out. So do the simpler thing, get a pay check purely for showing your presence so nobody have the balls to do anything.

Dex-chan lover
@sleepymonkey I'm going with 300% the avoiding more work thing. He knows enough different martial arts that he could just pick and choose what to show people and keep his past feats from when he had left the mountain from being recognized.

Agree with you there @Tsukasa_iLy it's getting really annoying now. I don't mind if he just took those 20 palm strike and the story moves on, but Su Xiao had to get involved and the whole situation is just one drag fest.

Users who are viewing this thread