Detective Conan - Vol. 97 Ch. 1032 - Collecting Edible Wild Plants

Group Leader
Bit of trivia here: when japanese people take pictures of kids, they ask them how much is one plus one. They answer "ni", which means two, but also means smile, hence why they all smile at the camera when answering. I believe the translators changed to three to make the same mouth movement due to "ee" sound at the end, which doesn't make sense considering this is not a dubbed anime.

Bit of trivia here: when japanese people take pictures of kids, they ask them how much is one plus one. They answer "ni", which means two, but also means smile, hence why they all smile at the camera when answering. I believe the translators changed to three to make the same mouth movement due to "ee" sound at the end, which doesn't make sense considering this is not a dubbed anime.
What? No, that's wrong, they do that because saying "Ni" (two) makes you smile, similar to "Cheese" in English. "Ni" doesn't mean smile, it makes you smile by how it is pronounced. But saying "Two" doesn't make you smile in English, so it was changed to "Three", because that does make you smile in English.

Aggregator gang
"niko" does mean smile though and unsurprisingly the first character is that very smile-inducing ni

"Niko" is the ​Onomatopoeic, yes, but that's not that what did in the Japanese version.

Group Leader
I bet this conversation about math and sounds wouldnt have happened if the TLers went all the way and just did
"Say cheese!"
"Cheeeese!!!"

Translation stuff is always amusing.

Not that I disapprove of changing it to 1+2=3. Who would ever want someone to have an O-shaped mouth in a picture?

What kind of a teacher, would use CHILDREN as a witness to A CORPSE, and risk TRAUMATIZING THEM???
I know these kids are used to this, but still!

Aggregator gang
Gunma Prefecture idiotic policeman (he doesn't deserve to be called an inspector) and the nosy stupid brats in the same case? Looks like awesome since it already became one of my most least favorite chapters~ Seriously who the hell made this stupid guy into an inspector? he can't even conduct a proper investigation... I swear every other policeman can do better than him...Also the kids have not right to chastise him... they're also equally stupid, if not more, since they don't even help with the investigation, and even tarnishes it and makes it worse majority if not all the time.. also they're freaking grade schoolers so they freaking have no damn manners talking like that to an adult...
And lastly, why the hell is this adult bringing children to the crime scene? Does she not know how tramautizing it can be for a child and how it can detriment their mind doing such rash actions? I don't care if you murder someone... but why would you even drag others along yourself for your own benefit?.. Seriously does she not understand the consequences to her actions?
The only thing we actually got from this chapter is Rumi's reminiscence of Haneda Kouji... well that's a pretty big hint.. I feel like with that.. it just confirms she ain't Rum :/
Also I'm tired of Kaito vs Makoto... just saying it was my least favorite episode and there's no need to make them fight... Seriously Sonoko shouldn't even be the cause to anything other than Makoto so I see no reason why it exists...

Dex-chan lover
@Nevos
Rather than "figure out" he just threw out the easiest possible solution before considering any of the clues present. He's still an idiot, just like a broken clock being right twice a day is still a broken clock.

What a strange chapter, it looks more like Columbo rather than the usual Conan cases. Does anyone remember an other case like this or is it a first?

What a strange chapter, it looks more like Columbo rather than the usual Conan cases. Does anyone remember an other case like this or is it a first?
Plenty of cases like that. Like, almost 40 cases of that kind in the past iirc? First case like that happened in Volume 2 (Chapter 10-12), the most recent one before this one was in Volume 92 (Chapter 978-980).

Aggregator gang
@Nevos also to be fair, he has no evidence to back up his claim whatsoever (when does he ever anyway) so if she wasn't the culprit, then basically he's just accusing the innocent (like he always does) and that's a very bad move as a police officer. Seriously his actions could make people suicide if he pushes them to that point... So he shouldn't even have a right to be called a police officer..

Dex-chan lover
@sakurabonx3 You're way exaggerating. This is simply how prime suspects are determined and it wasn't completely random, his reasoning was sound and made sense.

@Dandarandadan
It's more frustating how the teacher chose Conan and his detective group as a witness who has been well-known for solving EVERY FUDGING CASES they encountered with.

Gosho is throwing crumbs. But it seems like Wakasa Rumi looks like the dead shogi player. Bro/sis relationship?

Aggregator gang
@Nevos I understand that she is the prime suspect. However, how he approached the situation by making a made-up scenario with barely the investigation underway is really a bad move. Plus I'm not exaggerating because these things really do happen. He should keep an eye on her because yes she is the prime suspect but don't corner her because that's how the suspects lead to suicide if it truly wasn't them. How he makes assumption right off the bat really is stupid of him (just like himself..) What's the best choice to make is be more professional and until more evidence is clear that points out it wasn't her, then she will be the prime suspect. Lead a proper investigation first that will lead it to her so she cannot back down if the evidence is clear enough. But he didn't even do that and made an assumption like a child would do so at most he should be a low police officer, not a damn inspector...

Rumi sensei and Yamamura voice the main two characters in Urursei Yatsura which is why they're making that pun.

Users who are viewing this thread