Q.E.D - Vol. 41 Ch. 81 - Caff's Memories

Dex-chan lover
the new manga cover came straight out of phoenix wright.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I predicted that the old man was actually him all along. But I don't get how Sou got back to Japan when the flights were cancelled?

@pokefairy - Sou has a lot of powerful contacts, either he called in a favor, or they got their wish that the snow would stop. Which answer appears to be left to the reader.

Edit: The callback to Sakura Sakura on page 92... 😢

I got confused by the timeline here. So Lin married Caff wayyyyyyy before she meet Touma is it? When she learning with Touma she already an old woman?

Wait, didn't you translate this one already? I could have sworn that you guys did this one a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
@Whatev It was translated and put up someplace like batoto pre-mangadex. This one is memorable because it was intentionally deceptive when/how Lin was referred to/as in the beginning. Possible it was a random ch by an anon since people like doing things like that.

Contributor
LOL, who else expected a cooking disaster? Glad it didn't happen.

@Whatev yes, we did! we originally did this vol out of order because the crossover happened way earlier in CMB, and as @/xaraphina said, it was pre-MD, so we just decided to upload it in order c:

I think he can make it. He need around 20 hours from Japan until he make it to the prison, so round trip is around 40 hours. Assume the dinner is on 5-6pm (cause winter night is faster) he has 7 hrs spare to tell the story and wait for the snow to stop. Remember that it's "the day after tomorrow". The reason kana's phone call didn't reach because he's already on plane, and rushing to japan.

In this story time isn't aligned properly on purpose. So touma visiting the prison is happening before kana shopping for dinner.

@Miyacchi Yes. That's why she is only on silhouette. It's to hid the fact that caff is already an old man, because caff is still on his time 40yrs ago.

Dex-chan lover
That was.... interesting. There's been a few literary tricks done in this series, and I am rather fond of them. This one especially.

Fed-Kun's army
I think he can make it. He need around 20 hours from Japan until he make it to the prison, so round trip is around 40 hours. Assume the dinner is on 5-6pm (cause winter night is faster) he has 7 hrs spare to tell the story and wait for the snow to stop. Remember that it's "the day after tomorrow". The reason kana's phone call didn't reach because he's already on plane, and rushing to japan.

In this story time isn't aligned properly on purpose. So touma visiting the prison is happening before kana shopping for dinner.

Oh wow, almost missed this nuance. The writer was playing with time in both instances Caff's case, and touma's journey. Thanks for the comment.

Users who are viewing this thread