Dex-chan lover
I like this guy, he has become more cunning and diplomatic, a long shot from the generic smug asshome he was at first. I just hope he keeps his cool and doesn't do something stupid like trying to destroy Xinghe for rejecting him.

I even kinda agree with him. The fact that someone blessed with a special power like Xinghe doesn't want to do anything of use with it other than protect his family is kind of a waste. Even if he doesn't want to rule the land, he should at least think of using that power to improve the shithole of a country where he lives. Granted, the plot will force him to do it anyway but I'd be better if he did it because he wanted to.

Aggregator gang
"I want to protect my family" when country go in civil war better take a share of the cake. As rape and other foreign invasion is usually the case MC village gonna burn for whatever plot asked for if he don't step up. His choices to just defend looks bad when he only has the power of a small town. Either it's being refugee or fight and everyone see how refugee are considered in wuxia (slavery and forced labor). MC is so dumb as he know at his world is a cultivator one where strong attack the weak for plot reason.

This is the kind of plot and character development that takes a decent story and makes it good. Both of these characters have good points about where the country is headed, and while not friends they've both come to understand and respect each other to an extent. And to top it off, both Liang Yu and Xing He have good and bad points for the paths they're choosing to take.

Liang Yu is correct when he says this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. We've already seen how brutal and corrupt the country's upper echelons are, and it's been made clear that there are more than enough elements that will be vying for power for Dark Moon and Azure Feather to have many opportunities for profit and growth. But Liang Yu is missing the fact that in chaotic situations everybody has an animalistic tendency to attack everyone else regardless of other circumstances; even the smallest step in the wrong direction or a misplaced poke to the wrong area will see the entirety of that animal come crashing down on Dark Moon and everything around it.

Xing He understands all these points, and since both he and the Azure Feather folks are not terribly ambitious they're choosing to ride out the storm, which is likely to work. But if somebody decides that Azure Feather is a resource to be exploited and comes in to fuck them up anyways, Xing He will be in the worst possible position for defending them; alone.

"Chaos is a ladder" that's what he essentially said, this guy went from typical antagonist to Little Finger that easy.

Users who are viewing this thread