Dokgo

I'd really like to see somebody relaunch this just for better art. I started rereading it but the art is just a huge reason for me not to cause I already know what is going to happen

To anyone who wants a full review, the best way I can summarize it is Berserk in non-magical modern day Korea. The martial arts are great, the art is deliberately drawn a bit bad to evoke a gritty feeling which might put you off, and the brutality from the villains flows thick and fast. Don't read this if you're not willing to power through good people suffering great injustice.

But in the words of Samwise Gamgee, "Folks in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, but they didn't. They kept going because they had something they were holding on to. There is still good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."

The only thing stopping me from giving this a 10/10 is the art style.

This is by far one of the most enjoyable reading experiences I ever had the pleasure of reading. On par with One Punch Man if not better. I originally read this elsewhere, so it’s been a few years but I highly suggest this. Sometimes it gets hard to tell who’s who and the art is unique, but it doesn’t affect much overall. Badass main characters, intelligent and completely hate worthy villains, and good plot, and above all, it’s completely translated, and so is the prequel with a spinoff and two sequels on the way.

Dex-chan lover
Extremely interesting read, highly recommended if you're into school violence and revenge.

@LordPigeater7 lol you seriously comparing this to OPM? it was a good read but in terms of Manga I'd give it 6/10 at most. And it is not about the art.

this was a genuine gOOD fucking read.

the characters are super well developed- literally all of them, and you see insane character development (in both positive/negative directions), there aren't abrupt plottwists instead things are built up and exposed well, the tension is gradual buT it's so GOOD. the suspense lasts throughout the fic and the fucking satiSFACTIOn that you get from waiting and reading through all the tension is sO well-executed. like. it's like not like the suspense that is too long that it fucking kills you and you feel vaguely annoyed, instead, it's just the right amount i stg.

also, as a delinquent manga, it has a LOT of humble characters- in fact the majority of them aren't the stereotypical hotheads (and if they were, they still were well written), but instead MC and other characters, including the ones you don't root for, are intelligent, have a good head on their shoulder, knows when to hold out even though it's fucking pAinFul on their pride, and have a stronger resolution/constitution than most would have.

idk maybe it's bc i got super attached to MC from the start and that's why i have such a positive bias/opinion of this story, but hey. 10/10, love the MC and his buds, love seeing him beat shit up.

It starts great but I think it dragged on for way too long, could have done just as much with only half the length. Some fight scenes aren't very clearly drawn and it's hard to follow. I feel like the last part was rather weak, especially in comparison to the beginning, but well it was still a nice read.

great read.
although the final beating still unsatisfying.
i want to watch tae hyun at least crippled.

Incase anyone was going to read these series I believe it goes dokgo, tong, dokgo rewind, dokgo 2, bloody rain.

Users who are viewing this thread