March Comes in Like a Lion - Vol. 15 Ch. 157 - Azusa Number 1 (2)

Dude lost the mental battle of the match before it even started, damn Asuza. Have some confidence if yourself, you are one of the few pro Shogi players.

Double-page supporter
@seekermoc I care, along with a lot of fans of this series. Shogi chapters are always amazing and beautiful. They shows the struggle of different people, their idea and their fight for their future.
I like these Shogi chapters more than the chapters involved the 3 sisters. I want to learn Shogi because of this manga.

Double-page supporter
This guy is right about one thing, Rei is not a genius, he put a lot of hard work to study and improve his Shogi. That is more admirable than a so-called genius.

Dex-chan lover
AHH! I so desperately want a follow-up on that confession/proposal. Just for a bit longer, I want some gooey romancey nonsense.

Group Leader
Just like that? I've been waiting since last chapter and it's gonna be like this every month?? oH NoOo!!

Dex-chan lover
LOL... dude thinks he got isekai'd into our world to be a shogi hero.

Aggregator gang
Those are some high standards for a self-proclaimed genius. Man, be more honest. You are just another professional shogi player that's struggling and having an identity crisis. You are not special by any means with this kind of attitude.

Dude's a tad bit annoying but he's got a point - Rei's a hardworking dude ever since he was a kid. If only he was more positive, can't wait to see the dynamic for these two on the board.

@nohugs_cake

You might be right, but I have my serious doubts the author agrees with you. In one of the sumplementary parts of the manga ( I think it is here in mangadex ), he said that, in his experience in the shogi world, while some particularly gifted amateurs ( aka geniuses in shogi that ,due to having a professional life out of shogi, couldn't devote their full attention to it ) could brush shoulders with the average professional player, pretty much every player that is even remotely near of the top of his bracket ( and it is clear that Rei is in there ) was putting the type of focus on studying shogi as we see from Rei and others ( in fact I do not recall any of the professional players in this manga being shown to be displicent on their studies ) and that the ones in the top were really geniuses that worked hard. So , based on that, I assume that he would say that Rei is actually the real deal and not what our ex-genius-prince is implying.

Users who are viewing this thread