Happy Sugar Life - Vol. 9 Ch. 40 - A Mother Who Is Not A Mother

Dex-chan lover
Better have a different ending from the anime, I don’t want to reread what I’ve seen

KZO

Dex-chan lover
That goodbye to Auntie was pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
@JKTV This is almost certainly going to have the same ending as the anime.

As irredeemable as she is for killing Shouko, I feel sort of bad for her. Her life has been fuuuucked up.

Contributor
@waterflame - Thanks to the update mate.

Curious to see if the source manga will end up like the anime (hope not). Author surprise me and make the ending original and different (like Agame ga Kill). 😎

Dex-chan lover
@Nick86
Was the Akame ga Kill plot of the manga completely different to anime? Anime was... unusually bloody.

Contributor
@monkey123 - Akame ga Kill anime and manga are very close till the last episodes where the anime start to doverge and kill some characters that do not die in the manga, the finale is also a bit different regarding the main characters, i like a lot the original manga ending, anime don't do justice.
So i hope that this manga will have a better ending. 😎

I actually felt bad for Satou's aunt, of all people.

She's one of the most twisted and damaged characters in this story if not the most (and that says something), and one can argue she had a strong influence in Satou's development into what she is today, but that goodbye felt very poignant.

... and even then, I wonder if this woman understands her only known relative is using her and ditching her like an expendable tool, or if she simply does not care because her worldview is too messed up to comprehend.

Still, thanks a lot @waterflame for the update, I was worried this had been dropped.

Power Uploader
@monkey123 Though I actually haven't read/watched to completion either of them... I've read the final chapter of the manga(since it was in the same magazine as Happy Sugar Life)...

A lot more people survived then in the Anime... the anime had a "Kill all the people" plot apparently :p

arigathanks for the meal
but still hoping the author makes a different ending besides the anime one

@Voraped Sato's flower is probably a Catharanthus (or Sadaphuli) and the Aunt's is a peony.
Peonies stand for "bravery" in hanakotoba (Japanese flower language)

Users who are viewing this thread