The Peerless Concubine

Fed-Kun's army
I think this might be fairly fun. MC has a more unique look compared to other Chinese stories like this and the story isn't afraid of the MC killing.

i think this is like the third manga with the same exact plot and the girl with a scar on her face........maybe im wrong or something but its too similar like a spinoff of the same history

Dex-chan lover
@Brightamethyst Probably should have been, but at least we can manually switch the reader to long strip mode when things get uploaded like this.

This manhua looks typical for Chinese xuanhuan and reincarnates theme now at Ch.3.
Typical for many main heroines that they are trash but powerful people use their body to OP.
well, let s give this manhua the opportunity to show itself before rating it.

Dex-chan lover
Just checked out a few more chapters in the RAWs, but no spoilers so I won't talk about that.

Truthfully I think this MC is an impulsive muscle-head idiot. She's been granted this wonderful chance at a second life after dieing and she doesn't know how to treasure her own life. In a new unfamiliar body (different height, weight, muscle tone, etc.), new world with unfamiliar cultivation or knowledge of possible enemy powers, and brand new family too. Now a smart logical person would lay low, get familiar with the new body, new cultivation system and enemies and then take action. Instead this MC decides to start picking fights left, right and center. It's only thanks to her great luck, and MC Plot armor that she hasn't lost her second life while she's at her weakest. Therefore... impulsive muscle-head MC who charges forward without considering anything.

As for her new family.... they need new brains. Yea.. it's great she returned back, but with her 360 attitude change and new skills.. you'd think they'd figure out something's wrong.

Oh, and if you want to see pretty pictures, google 嚣张狂妃. Don't know why they translated it to 'peerless concubine', it's actually 'Arrogant wild princess'. Now I'm fully aware that 妃 can also be translated into wife or concubine but it's all in the context, and I'm pretty sure that this arrogant woman won't accept being a concubine at all.

Is there something in ancient Chinese culture for most MC and villains to have that type of characters? And there must be some inherent cultural values and principles as well influencing the way they think and behave in the presence of power and revenge, right? I've seen them enough in hundreds of Chinese novels and manga that it's not possible that it is just because the authors copying each other.

Not sure why but I had this weird sense of déjà vu while reading. Not the first time I had that with Chinese manhua.

Aggregator gang
There are billion of Chinese in the RPC so it is to be expected that hundred of novels will be the same. Moreover, they don't have copyright laws so IP has no protection anyway. If the theme is fun, i will exploit the hell out of it.

Double-page supporter
"IP has no protection", that explains the Harry Potter and Naruto (plus more) cultivation/system fanfics :V

Dex-chan lover
Fun fact, concubines are less than wives but more than prostitutes...

Make of that what you will.

Users who are viewing this thread