Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Door

Dex-chan lover
I'm really glad about this manga, it's not really a simple plot about a woman falling in love with a minor, it's more complex and dignified.

Dex-chan lover
i keep switching back and forth between whether or not i want them to end up together by the end. i really cannot imagine them together...

Aggregator gang
@owlette the author said that Mashuu wud stay a "kid"(obviously with minor time skips) the whole manga and wont be an adult Mashuu so good chance they dont...but who knows if he changes his mind later on...

Aggregator gang
@owlette @firefox1234
That's the big problem with this manga, it's fantastic in almost every aspect, but the romance feels awkward and unnatural. Unlike Kono Oneesan, and like Usagi Drop, them ending up together just wouldn't seem right, imo. The author put too much of an age gap and too much of a parental / mentorship role in between them. I'm a shipper kind of person, but I think if the end up together, it'll be to the detriment of the manga.

Aggregator gang
@Yautja i think the author is stuck between deciding whether to make this a "coming of age" story for Mashuu, a "wake up/epiphany" for Satoko, and a friendship/romance? between the two, but overarall still a great story and art on top of it. Ive decided to read this with zero expectations just go with the flow....

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja i actually thought at first this manga wouldn't try to pursue the romance aspect too much and only do it for the drama aspect but looks like the author is really going full romance now. i was hoping the story would be darker and that they wouldn't end up together but honestly idk how to feel anymore with how the author is portraying some scenes in a shoujo-esque style. i mean i'm still enjoying the manga so i'm just gonna go along with the ride

but yeah i agree it would be kind of awkward for them to end up together with how the relationship was developed in the beginning

@Yautja

I'm with you when you say that a romance between Mashuu and Satoko would feel unnatural or awkward.

Imo, the author doesn't know whether she wants them to either be friends, confidants or lovers. Granted, I'm fine if they don't end up together because I don't see their potential romance as the main driving force of this manga. Their relationship is indeed the focal point of the manga, as for how that relationship develops is what I'm assuming we're all here for.

If I'm being honest, to me, his chemistry with Satoko isn't geared towards romance either. The feeling I get from them is two people who can fill the gaps in each other's hearts and I don't mean in a romantic context. She provided him the attention and motherly love he was desperately seeking and his innocence gave her a feeling of fulfillment/provided for her a reason that gave value to and validated her existence as she was at the time, an empty shell that's just existing, but not really living.

Fed-Kun's army
thank 4 update, such a shame this not available in my country

Users who are viewing this thread