out of topic but What BREXIT really Means?

i'm not news guy person but this days, everytime i watch tv or somewhere on internet, there always topic about brexit.. what would happened if brexit get green light, why some ppl doesn't like brexit, i try reading some article about brexit but still did'nt understood (might be to complicated for my brain). make it simple explaination if you can please.

CGP Grey(on youtube) has an informative summary of Brexit. I don't follow it, but I know of it because of his channel.

TL'DR (from what I see)
In Brexit there are three scenarios (well, multiple, but these are the general), what it entails, and who hates it

A. Full on No Deal Brexit. Basically UK becomes a normal neighbor to EU block. What it means is no trade deals, North Ireland and Ireland has to have some kind of wall (to prevent flow of goods) and UK and EU has to spend the immediate time trying to make a deal or else they have to kick out immigrants, flights get cancelled and the tunnel between UK and France closes along some other issues this may entail.

Who wouldn't want it:Everyone who has some outside country business would, in theory, not want this, because it will be either be a minor inconvenience to draw up new deals, or it will draw out and it will suck for everyone (particularly because of food imports, that would totally suck).

B. Partial Brexit. UK gets out, but some compromises will happen. Most of the deals are from said above. The issue of Ireland border (a vast amount would not want that), jobs, flow of people, trade, you get the idea. Depending on what the parliament wants, some or all of these issues may be accomodated.

Who wouldn't want it: People who want full control of UK to remain in UK. Because any one of the solutions are just compromises, and the more deals they stick with, the less power UK holds, with the most compromises meaning that UK pays EU(there's a fee to get the perks of EU after all) but have no say to the rules of EU.

C. No Brexit. It just means that Brexit doesn't happen. UK goes back to EU

Who wouldn't want it: People who want Brexit.

I dont think the Brexit has anything to do with the loli hentai stuff. Wasn't it an UN thingy.

Aggregator gang
>2019
>Living in a country that doesn't allow you to view loli content
I pity those who aren't free to appreciate high culture.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to add onto what @shouldsleep posted in that:

The EU already said that UK can't go back, the Article to leave has been triggered, UK can delay but can't stay in this grey area forever.

The UK parliament for some retarded reason voted to leave "Hard Brexit" out of the negotiations, because the EU was scared of it. To put another way, they voted to not use the most leveraging option in negotiations with the EU for a deal.

Finally, the negotiations that have been done, are so unfair to the UK, that the UK would essentially be a vassal state to the EU, the UK highest legal authority had more or less spelled it out in analyzing both incarnations of the deal brought forth by PM Teresa May. I'll point out that both forms of the deal were voted down by the most overwhelming majority in parliament in recent times, THAT'S HOW BAD IT WAS; IT UNIFIED TWO OPPOSING POLITICAL PARTIES.

Right now the general sentiment among Brexiteers is that it's better to have a Hard Brexit and figure out the trade deals later.

Also want to point out that the EU isn't the only trading partner available; the US, Canada, Mexico, and several S American countries are more than will to trade with the UK, because they couldn't when the UK was part of the EU.

Miku best girl
Admin
@SunSun

Correction, the UK can go back. The CJEU ruled that the UK can unilaterally revoke Article 50 without the agreement of the other EU27.

Here's the petition, lol: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584 (Any UK people, go sign it!)

Fingers crossed that this happens.

Fed-Kun's army
@OP Three Arrows on YT has a good video that goes into detail about how Brexit became a thing, what leaving the EU would entail, and what the current options are. It's about 20 min, but worth watching if you're curious.

@Sunsun like Holo said, UK can go back. It was ruled by EU's high court that they can go back without EU's permission so long as the citizens manage to get a referendum.

The problem with a Hard Brexit is because it affects tons of people, to give some examples: EU students in UK, UK citizens working in other EU countries, EU citizens working in UK. It basically fucks Ireland as a whole, flights are cancelled, food cannot be transported among other things.

These are problems you can't just say, fuck it, we'll work on it later, not because "EU is scared of it" but because it doesn't remotely benefit anyone involved in those, not to mention who knows how long it will take to fix these issues.

Dex-chan lover
@SunSun
You gotta keep in mind the issue of the decade-long "limbo period" a hard Brexit would entail that people are concerned about, while everyone's rushing to update the UK's current trade laws/regulations from being simply copy-pasted EU legislations (same goes for many of the government sectors, especially land use, for that matter) to match the new, less EU-exclusive trade environment. I imagine most would agree that having some sovereignity is the better deal for the British people than willingly downgrading themselves to second-class members of the EU for next to no gains. Especially if cancelling Brexit altogether is off the table (an option that shouldn't be disregarded, but it sets a bad, undemocratic precedent).

Either way, there's a big fear that the lack of clear legislation currently in place is going to sink any UK business that can't weather out a long period of uncertainty. At least, not without some serious government intervention. Some Brexiteers are hopeful that regaining sovereignity will more than make up for what is ideally just a temporary setback, but others (and the EU) are fearful this will result in other foreign countries strong-arming their way into the UK market.

Dex-chan lover
Im kind of extremely surprised why negotiations didnt start from before the referendum took place, and ask EU what the deals would be if they did leave EU so the Brits would see what they would get, and could then vote on it, not after. The deals would probs be better too since theres less animosity and rushing.

Sorry for my political ignorance haven't actually read on brexit much.

Dex-chan lover
@Teddy
It's a really shitty situation. Originally, the referendum was nothing but a puppet show by the previous PM, Cameron, to consolidate his power. He wins the referendum and quiets his opponents by waving the "will of the people" if he gets challenged. However, that blew up in his face when it turned out that his popularity was abysmal, and that it wasn't just tiny fringe groups demanding to leave the EU.

It was never intended to actually go through, hence why people aren't really prepared to actually handle it right now.

A hard Brexit would be highly beneficial for the UK and if properly done would only have a year or two's worth of difficulties to hammer out.

But as a corollary to PantsMan's overview, the new-agey aristocracy that's emerged in Western Europe in general and the UK in particular have no interest in allowing one of their colonies to defy the Royal United Nations Family, so the whole process has been a furious backstabbing crapshoot so far.

Cameron started the referendum with the EU's approval because none of them thought the masses had enough commitment to really go through with this. In a manner reminiscent of the opening rounds of the USSR's downfall, they've started panicking when it's become clear that this is really happening.

Fed-Kun's army
If they have any sense, they'll probably set a specific target date for Britain actually leaving (maybe five-ish years out), argue and draft all the necessary treaties, deals, and internal changes, then ratify those once they officially leave. It's not like planes will suddenly stop flying or they'll build a wall with Ireland - there are plenty of external trade and travel agreements and alliances between other countries and the EU already, and many EU countries don't have border walls with neighboring non-EU states.

It's going to make certain parts of doing business less convenient, and people will have to start showing passports to cross the Channel, but it's not going to be a hair-on-fire situation if they do it right.

The big question is whether this will end up a net plus or net minus for Britain and the EU.

The real TL;DR of Brexit is that the UK wants a status with the EU that no other EU or non-EU nation has.

There are a lot of economic stipulations that give the EU control or regulatory power over parts of the British economy, this is a no deal scenario for the UK. But the UK doesn't want to leave the EU entirely, in which scenario they would need to chart out some entirely new option with the EU that no other nation has. Which is very unlikely since the EU generally wants some regulatory control.

Their best scenarios are either to not leave, or to hard leave and try to sign trade agreements with nations individually.
(I say this, because not hard leaving and not staying results in them having 0 say over what the EU does. Opting for one of the other existing deals leaves the EU with a lot of regulatory control over the UK, with the UK having no voting power within the EU)

There's actually a very handy chart to explain this.
RB3uvGK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread