Action reverse isekai recommendations

Hello, I'm a big fan of reverse isekai. Concepts like Re:Creators or Fate/Zero where a lot of different backgrounds, eras, roles, etc. all come together and battle it out. I think what I enjoy seeing is the sight of heroes and main characters of their respective story, suddenly not under the spotlight anymore; the world is much more bigger than they see. GATE also did this but with some slight differences, in that they went to the fantasy land.

While I do like the chilled and fluffy reverse isekai like "Welcome to Japan, Elf-san", to not make this thread too generic I will keep it to only series where the action genre plays a big role. Also, I know I am on the Manga forum, but to keep the forum less cluttered you can recommend me not just manga, but anime, LNs, VNs, HRPGs, even films and TV shows.

I know reverse isekai are already niche themselves, that is why looking for action ones are so hard. Thank you for any recommendations.

Bonus points that are not required:
- All involved characters' past are important and exposed in the story. Meaning they're not just cardboard characters that can die whenever without any impact.
- The story is mainly sci-fi. Touching upon topics such as time-space travel, parallel worlds, switching realities, etc. And no, not as a device, but as a part of the plot itself.
- Realistic. They have to somehow interact with the real world. Otherwise, what's the point of a reverse isekai?
- Modern militaries. Can't blow up shit without the cops noticing, or international bodies intervening. Send the SWAT team, the JSDF, whatever. The more the better.
- The setting is not restricted to modern Earth. If the characters themselves are on the run across multiple universes, +100.

The only one thing I remembered is a movie called Last Action Hero, the one with Arnie in it.

@natural-log oh yes, that's one of my all-time favorite. But I already watched it, thanks though 😁
That one was such a perfect example too.
During the scene where he got shot, instead of the bullets missing conveniently because he was a main character in his fictional movies, they hit.
It was the kind of stuff I wish more stories use and explore.

Double-page supporter
Reverse isekai :
- Death mount death play ( try search it on other site, since its licensed manga )
- Nihonkoku shoukan (like GATE )
- Drifters
- Reincarnation no kaben
- Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age

Not isekai but has historic figure :
- Shuumatsu no valkyrie
- Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Oji-san

Time travel with same feeling : (technological gap, etc)
- Jin
- Thermae romae
- Dr Stone

Fed-Kun's army
@kn1000a

Trinity Wonder is the first one that comes to mind: a wuxia cultivation protag and a mage get accidentally warped through a dimensional gate into a futuristic world with giant robots and flying cars. The art's pretty and the whole thing's in color. I think it's decent for what it is, but it gets a lot of flak because it's keeping the author/artist team's other projects on hold.

If historical travel back in time ones count:

Zipang is about an entire modern Japanese warship being transported back into World War II.

Nobunaga No Chef is about a chef who time travels back to become Oda Nobunaga's chief cook.

@zalagires I'm not sure the final volumes of Thermae Romae are on this site, but they're findable other places. That's a shame, because that's when the series finally gets a plot, and it basically becomes a full reverse isekai with the main character taking an extended stay in the modern world.

@zalagires @EaterOfBooks Wow, those are some good titles. I can't believe those manga slip by my sight, as I considered myself pretty frequent with checking daily updates on the front page.
Of course some I do know about, but plenty I didn't as well. Thank you very much!

(and yes, I'm also a sucker for technological gap, and all those universes/time-travel scifi stuff. Seems like Zalagires knew :p)

@Siquall Thanks, but that's one of the most popular reverse isekai 😄 So I did read/watch it.

Fed-Kun's army
@kn10000a well, you wouldn't see several of those unless you were trawling the time-travel tag (seriously, we need separate tags for "Time Travel" and "go back in time to my younger self's body with memories of my life intact", because those are very different genres), since Zipang and Nobunaga No Chef seem to be dropped by scanlators (but what's currently up is still well worth reading), and Thermae Romae is finished.

So none of those three would show up on new releases or daily updates. There's a ton of older, completed, dropped, or slow-releasing manga that's absolutely incredible, but you'll never see it unless you go digging.

Dex-chan lover
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid has (surprise) dragons from another world.

The kids from the manga Dandan linked are from earth like worlds but not actually earth so I'm not sure how to classify that one.

Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken is a newer title with a female knight coming to a Japanese farm.

I'm certain I've seen older manga with character from other worlds but I cant bring any to mind.

@EaterOfBooks Ya, MD definitely gotta update some of their tags. Unfortunately, it could be hard. Technically the generic isekai we see everyday and these time-universe travel epics are still the same genre. It's like finding a typical romcom vs. a classic timeless romance, at the end they're the same thing even if one is obviously better executed than the other. I'll try to talk to the mods about it, but I don't know if they will see it as a legit reason.

@Drifter Couldn't find this "Dandan linked" you mentioned. Also, those titles you gave are more onto the slice-of-life side compared to what I am looking for (maybe except Knight Farm since it's in the middle atm). Still, I already read all of those as well 😁 Thanks though~

I also have something to suggest for people that come here looking for reverse isekai as well.

No, it's not anime-related. Nevertheless, still a very good movie ft. Jackie Chan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365847/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_48

This is basically one of the main reverse-isekai influence in my childhood. Super recommend.
(Though, I will not guarantee the quality of this movie. After all, I am seeing it through the so-called "nostalgia" lens.)

Fed-Kun's army
@Drifter I didn't rec Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken because it's not an action series (so far), and that's what OP wanted. Well, I also didn't recommend it because of the turn the plot took into
SCP foundation / evil government
stuff recently. I'm going to be incandescently angry if that whole incident blows over with a "everything's ok now" despite
the fact that the government deprived her of every human right and the rights Japan gives even to prisoners (including getting to call at least one person she knows, and having a lawyer represent her) on the suspicion she may be diseased, and they can't even detect any disease in her after numerous invasive medical procedures. The current arc is bullshit!

It is a nice, fluffy reverse isekai until that point, though.

Users who are viewing this thread