US MangaDex Meetup: Aye or Nay?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I'm creating this poll to gauge potential interest in a US-based meetup this summer or later this fall. Depending on the level of interest, we'll try to figure out a place to meet and perhaps start some fundraising for fun events, merch, and activities!

Vote in the poll and post your thoughts below.

Edit: Wow, this is a much larger response than I thought. Let's start the discussion of what we want to do here: The Official Meetup 2019 Thread

Thanks everyone for voting so far!

Staff
Super Moderator
@ichigoteguz
That's a pretty ambitious thing and if we become a household name, maybe it's no so far-fetched an idea!

But for now, I thought it might be fun to try and put together something informal.

Looks like we're going to need someone at the entrance holding on to everyone's axes.
Source

Contributor
If it's like an hour away from me, I might check it out, but nah otherwise. The userbase is probably too spread out for a meet up to be feasible unless it's at a major anime convention.

Staff
Super Moderator
@bluxaroo
A convention is always an idea. This is more of a "hey, how many people would do this" kinda deal. At the time of this post, 28 people are interested which is more than enough in my opinion. I'll give it a while and then I'll throw together some serious suggestions in another poll or thread.

Down if it's anywhere west coast. There's tons of weeaboo activities where I am anyhow

Dex-chan lover
I'd have to take a plane to the other side of the world if I want to join so I'll vote the axe murderer option

Could be fun. I think it depends on the location/set up. Camping would be the most cost efficient option, but I think people would prefer the security of hotel rooms or something like that. Might want to put an age restriction on there too.

Staff
Super Moderator
I don't want any of our non-American friends to feel left out. You could always organize a meeting in your own country or continent! I wouldn't presume to speak for staff that live in Europe but perhaps they could assist in organizing something.

Contributor
US-ians are having an axe party? Is this a new isekai plot?

@Pika Everyone who attends will be paired up and told to swing the axes at the same time so that everyone isekai's simultaneously.

I'd join but I can't bear to leave the comfort of my nordic communist utopia. Hope this takes off, have fun you guys and gals!

Users who are viewing this thread