@Contributors Help fill missing MU/MAL links on manga entries

Power Uploader
EDIT: Given there's quite a other few things to do now, I have made a master list for all the sheets so they are easier to track: https://bit.ly/MangaDexSheets
Below notes still apply.

For MU/MAL missing links:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pa4P25WOHhk6rXdXmc-1p_WRsEjid9pIOVvkT5KkcFg/

You'll find everything you need, it's also setup in multiple ways so you can try to find the most efficient method for you.
Please keep in mind that not all MU/MAL links are correct, the error rate is about 1%, much higher for things like anthologies, so while not strictly required for you to check everything by hand, please check on things that seem like they have a title that could be common or anthologies which might have a lot of titles.
It's a pretty big task but we're already roughly 16%36%54% done and if some more contributors could come out and give a hand we'd hopefully get it done much sooner.

For broken covers:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZgPqPfuKQz0hNhoUi7H4BfCzbZXJTZlfQkunVl46Dw/

The spreadsheet is divided into various sheets depending on how bad the current cover is, obviously, not all covers in there are going to be necessarily terrible but if you can find a better cover, please replace it.
If you think there's no point in replacing the current cover, please mark the proper cell as checked as well so others don't need to waste time.

If you got pinged to this thread then you must be a contributor and have the ability to help, please do so if you have time!

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Bumping for great justice.

I think I'll also sticky this for a bit to make sure it doesn't get buried.

Power Uploader
@Reversinator
There's quick a few like that, it's fine to leave those links as is and not add relations unless there's stuff directly related to that entry.

Contributor
i have a question. Is there a plan for edit out the part that had been done. I also notice to see quite a few manga that had been edited but still in the sheet

Power Uploader
People will still naturally edit things, even without using the sheet, so some things will end up being fixed but not marked.
As for removing stuff already done, I'll probably sort stuff that's done to the bottom of the sheet in the relations sheet, in the MU/MAL links I'll do that when it's closer to 50%.

Group Leader
in cases like Touhou, official stuff, like prequels, sequels, and gaidens should be marked as relations, and then the countless doujins linked en masse like that. so like for to aru, main, railgun, and accelerator should all link to each other as being related, but no need to specifically link to every individual doujin.

imo, ofc.

Power Uploader
Yes, of course, in case of official content you should try to relate as many things as possible, you should try to relate doujins as well but if there's hundreds then it does more harm than good.

Group Leader
all doujins should be linked en masse (?page=search&title=[title]&genres=7 ("genres=7" is doujinshi)) even if theres only one, that way it doesn't have to be updated every time a new doujin gets added. ok well maybe not if theres only one, let's say if theres 3 or more doujin for a series then list then via search page?

Power Uploader
It's not hard for the users to do that themselves, and I believe the relation since might eventually be changed to incorporate all those entries better so adding a simple search to hundreds of entries would just be a waste of it. But do feel free to do it anyway, not like it'll cause any harm.

Contributor
This is super helpful! Thank you for making this list!

So what should we do for oneshots that were part of anthologies? I thought they were supposed to be conglomerated, but if they haven't been/the anthology isn't on MangaDex in the first place, what do we do?

@Ceiye - You can use this thread to report mergers https://mangadex.org/thread/5631/reports-duplicates-and-mergers
When there's no main entry available yet, I just report it and let the mod make a new entry when they do the merger (in case they decide to do something else).

Contributor
If any of the manga is not present either in the MU or MAL site, than can we just write it in the comment section in the spreadsheet that "no link available in MU (or MAL)"??

Group Leader
I wanted to do something like that for while, thank for the gdoc.
I edited more than 200 manga (MU/MAL/desc/alts/image), now I'm gonna take a break.

Power Uploader
@anki09
Yes. You don't actually need to write any details, just marking it as checked is enough.

Group Leader
Didn't even notice the thread existed, I've been keeping the tabs open since your sent them on Discord.
Been adding/editing w/ the MAL/MU list since a few days, by small doses to keep it bearable (especially after editing so much yaoi, wtf, there's so many of that, what happened to this world), 50 by 50 lists.

Power Uploader
@Shyning

pXYsWca.png

Users who are viewing this thread