SAO-like holo-deck

Fed-Kun's army
It's been a couple years since VR has started to become 'popular' in the consumer market, but the in-depth immersion from anime like SAO still seem to be far off; headsets are still expensive and a pain to wear for long periods of time. In this sense, I was wondering what you guys would interested in doing when we could finally get the in-depth immersion similar to or exceeding the quality in which is generally portrayed in anime and manga.

For me personally, I'd never want to leave if I could continue to live as a digital avatar forever able to continue watching anime and reading manga.

What would you guys do in your own worlds?

Dex-chan lover
On a serious note, I'm probably gonna wait for whenever augmented reality glasses or something like that comes to the market and become pretty cheap cause those are much more useful. If I'm getting a VR headset, the only game I'll play is probably VRChat cause I'm not that big of a gamer. However, if a full-dive technology like in SAO does exist in the market, I'd probably use it for lots of hentai playing RPGs just to test out the surrealness. Maybe someone will invent a virtual visual novel and I'd try that out for the ecchi scenes for the story and immersiveness.

I watched this video about a week ago about a guy who spent a week using a VR headset during work, play, sleep, everytime. Really changed my perspective on the potential of VR and AR in the future of everyday life.

Dex-chan lover
In depth immersion will come. We can already use implants to let blind people "see" crude dot patterns. Give it a generation and that will get much better. Audio implants are getting close already. We just need something for sensory feedback which I think is in experimental stages now.

We wont be using VR headsets like SAO though, we will be jacking into the matrix. And speaking of jacking... there will no doubt be loads of pron. Sure it will be fun, as an old guy, to feel the sensation of running around in a fantasy world but the sensation of a woman I could never get IRL will be nice too.

Fed-Kun's army
MangaDex Official VR Meetup?
If it's mind upload system like in Alicization then, goodbye mortal body and hello anime girl body.

Users who are viewing this thread