What are the stories behind your username and avatar.

I had a really interesting discussion with @Teddy last week.
This conversation makes my realise 2 things.
1. I was wrong about gap moe and 2. If I was wrong about gap moe I can be wrong about everything.

And It been a real shock to me, you know, I have been really depressed and angry.
Angry about myself,because of my narcissism; calling myself the greatest weebogiste of weebland...
How bloody stupid I am...

But, I will change that, and it is why I'm here today.
Restarting my weebs studies from the start.

So there is my first question: What are the stories behind your username and avatar.

i started really spending time on the internet right around the time cave story's english patch first came out. before then i was going by a random mishmash of different names, but i fell in love with cave story in a big way and started using Quote as my handle everywhere. as an extremely common word it usually gets picked up quickly so i have a few standby variants: i used to get called Quoteboat by a couple people as an inside joke and used that for a while, but ItsQuote seemed like a more logical choice as i got older.

avatar is pretty straightforward: girl's last tour is real good, and chi's frustrated expression is one of its best parts.

Dex-chan lover
My username is a pseudonym of my real name. I first came up with this about 3-4 years ago. That time I was introduced to the wondrous thing called YouTube. I thought, "My username should be unique and memorable like YouTubers!" because I take the creativity into their usernames as the best example that I could find. This is where I dropped the Xx(name)xX thing and came up with DANDAN THE DANDAN, with all caps to make it obnoxious. I thought that the repeatetiveness makes it easy to remember. If you see this username somewhere on the internet, chances are that is me. (Or someone else who stole this username before me, crap.) Another good thing is that apparently this username isn't popular so I don't have to spend five hours figuring out a username for online forums and games because they were taken already.

My avatar... came from this comment. It was in the spoiler but something happened and the image is lost. I figured that it's funny enough to be a profile picture and so I made it so. (And holy crap the last letter game was on page 21 that time while it is now at page 70.)

I thought that Comic Girls was pretty cute and a pink hair loli is even cuter. I Google searched some funny gifs and found this at random.

@ItsQuote Those eyes stare deep into my soul...

👏BONUS👏STORY👏

My biography can be summed up intro three parts:
-The troll bit about best girls
-The troll bit that sounds like I'm having a stroke
-The italicized drama magnet
-The thing about people finding me outside of MD.

It may surprise you but the troll bit about the best girls are actually what I thought to be the best girls not including Felix.

YES I WAS ON TEAM ICHIGO AND I WATCHED THIS SIDE CRUMBLE AND BURN YOU DON'T HAVE TO POINT IT OUT ;_;

I wanted to add Miku on there but since the tone was "trolly", I figured that I can't put a goddess on that list.

The troll bit like I'm having a stroke was inspired by the "yesn't" meme that is already six feet underground dead now. That's why there are so many double negatives. As for the part about the burger, idk. The part about the neck rope was from Doki Doki Literature Club
"I slowly open the door..."

The drama magnet was placed there randomly because at the time I wanted to popularize "change my mind" forum threads where it's a all v.s. one debate for a certain topic. It was fun while it lasted bit I got bored of it then I was too lazy to remove this part.

The thing about people finding me outside of MD was started by @421cookies finding my random comment on that make-a-knife-out-of-anything channel from Japan. I forgot who the second guy was, sorry if you're reading this. I thought that a counter is cute so I left it there.

I didn't knew Cave Story, and its seem pretty good.
That why I'm downloading it.
I knew I would learn interesting things with this thread.
Thanks @ItsQuote .

Group Leader
Before I get acquainted with Japanese culture, I used some chuuni names like UrgeToKill and other variations, but I guess it's mainly about killing because I was playing DotA and CS back in the day where we're supposed to kill other heroes/enemies in the game. Then after various games and anime, I kind of got myself attracted to several angel characters, like Kanade from Angel Beats, or Melodiana from Kamidori because of their kuudere personality. The 'aoi' part is there to differentiate my username from the many other 'tenshi' out there.

I change my avatar frequently, but I mostly use girls because they're prettier to decorate the space. Don't they look hot clinging to each other like that?

Group Leader
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Looking it in another way, I guess you're right.
Succubus and other entities work, too, though... so maybe I have quite a wide range of fetish.

Oh boy, I can't even remember where I heard my name anymore. I heard it once like 12 years ago and it just stayed so I've been using it for almost everything since then. As for my avatar, I got it as a farewell-gift from someone (was hand-drawn) when I changed high-schools

Labeling oneself as being in self-imposed exile from society and employment sounds cooler than "neet."

Dex-chan lover
Lol soz for opening your mind. @Jordan_Weeberson
Now if only the ddos stopped and devs can implement the low priority suggestion of name change. So that you can change your name to something more suited to your enlightened state.

Ad: You can see the discussion that provoked this thread over at "Men of culture debate"on the general board and put your 2 cents on Gap Moe and other topics . Hope this is jokingly enough that it doesn't go against Mangadex rules.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm into AKB48's Koisuru Fortune Cookies back then when I'm deciding on nickname. 421 basically stands for Fo(u)rT(w)o(O)ne which unclear how the fuck I came up with that analogy.
And for my avatar, usually I use Maki from Love Live since I pledged my life for her (damn weeb), but here I use Yotsuba to declare she is the best girl.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Chocolate guillotine is masterpiece.

My username is my legal name, also the artwork for my avatar is a small part of a larger family crest tattoo meant for the back.

Contributor
My username? Well, I like pikachu... I also use EternalBiscuit as username. I was thinking something like "What is Cookie Monster's favourite thing?"
Well, my profile pic consists mostly of sexy faces I see when I'm reading manga and then I steal humbly take a screenshot of them.

Dex-chan lover
I like mint ice cream.

Yuno from Future Diary is my favorite anime character.

I was a dork when young (it was so obvious even I could see it back then), so when I started coming up with screen-names I was ticked off at all the screenames I really wanted to use but were already taken. So I decided to be stupidly chuuni and pick and add ninja to my most obvious trait, because after a half hour of trying there was no reason to think it would work.

But it did. So now I'm ninjadork. And my name has continued to be stolen from me on a variety of sites and platforms ever since. So I guess it's also given me a kind of actual ninja power because you can never really know if it's me, or which of the many variations of ninja + numbers I might be.

Dex-chan lover
I needed a new username, ever since I had to quietly retire old go-tos like "Mustkillthemwithfire" and "Shadowedge_The_Devirginator" once I left middle school. I like Mr Koiwai, I don't particularly care about changing usernames from site to site, so here I am now.

Users who are viewing this thread