Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator

I don't understand how it was not banned in China. After all it unintentionally(?) depicts corruption and decadence of government and ruling class.

@C3PO I've seen a lot of comics and read a lot of Chinese novels and most of them have corruption and decadence of government and the ruling class. It's part of the Chinese belief in having the good and bad like the ying and yang, for them there is no good or bad all is what is life is. Most Chinese do not care for the weak and only prefer the strong, rich, and powerful. It may seem absurd on what I say, but the majority of China is like that. Corruption is rampant even to the core of the government, and they will do so as long as they have power and they will continue to do so since it is easier.

@VanJosh, yeah, a philosophy of ubermensch or something alike, though more often than not in comics and novels - in a fantasy world.

Dex-chan lover
@SrinivasArjun @CoCoShitenno
The chapters aren't on here because they're at the official English link. You can't upload official translations here, so if nobody's doing the scanlating thing with the original Chinese version, nothing's gonna be uploaded on this site. Yes, you can also find those chapters elsewhere other than that official link, but that's because those sites don't have the same rules this one does.

https://mangadex.org/rules

What a shame we have to read the manga in some other website, and even use "points" to UNLOCK chapters...

@happybro

You can read it in bato site without using point.

https://bato.to/series/73553

This site also have another series which is i like, strongest abandoned son. Try it.

This is basically a chinese manwha were male characters get ripped apart and females get spared, and are only there as boobs

Fed-Kun's army
Of course you never learn.

If you ask, you can find it on webnovel if I remember correctly.

Fed-Kun's army
Good Manhua with a few problems. First are the characters, it’s so hard to remember all of them as the story goes on. If you take even a small break from this manhua you’ll be grasping at straws trying to remember them. The second is our MC being extremely slippery in his words, in that he doesn’t make his words clear, enough so that people keep doubting him after he says something haughty while not doing anything to prove his words. The last criticism is how absolutely everybody looks down on MC when they see him, though these characters are excusable a lot of the time thanks to the MC’s circumstances and my second criticism. However, sometimes characters refuse to admit who our MC is after so much evidence to the contrary, which is somewhat dumb. All in all, though, this is pretty cerebral manhua with a decent plot. Wish that all of the chapters were still available on MD lol

Let's get one thing out of the way: this manga is absolute trash

Let's start with the plot, or lack thereof. The manga essentially consists of an endless loop with these three steps:

1. Some dude, grandpa or gal underestimates MC since he's so young
2. Some dude, grandpa or gal tries to challenge MC
3. Some dude, grandpa or gal either dies or becomes his lapdog

That's basically it. You needn't actually bother with remembering any of the names, you just need to know whether they admire or hate MC. If it's the former, they just fawn over him. If it's the latter, well, don't expect any tension. There's also some fancy ranking terms and ingredient names being thrown around every now and then, but all you need to know is that MC is getting WOAHSUPEROMEGAUNHEARDOF stronger.

So the characters. Suffice to say, they have about as much personality as the MC does. Aside from Chen's family, every single character introduced either becomes an unrequited love interest, a lapdog or a dead corpse. When MC literally rips apart a few of his enemies, it takes not a single panel for his infatuated females to get over the shock. If that's not fantastic character development, then what is?

And this is why I've read over 100 chapters of this abomination. "Rebirth of the urban immortal cultivator" is like eating a XL bag of chips for dinner. You know it's sh*t, you know it's unhealthy and frankly it makes you feel sh*t. But you still keep on eating.

Users who are viewing this thread