The Girl from Random Chatting! - Ch. 70 - Opportunist

Double-page supporter
that guy is not wrong...
but its not the right way to do it... using and being used will eventually lead to someones destruction... so at least one of the parties will always end up failing... in this case usually its the ones being used...
so yeah while i cant say he is 100% wrong, the way he is doing thing is at least morally bad... i hope someone "punches" some sense in him...

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, didn't think the author would have a character spout logic along the lines of proper studying in a series like this. I agree with the opportunistic logic, although author kind of makes it seem evil with the portrayal. It's a selfish look on life and that dialogue exchange does do a good job of characterizing this dude, but it doesn't make it evil. In other words, he's just a coward who will mingle among people he doesn't even agree with, for the sake of his own benefit. He's quite 'mature' in this regard since plenty of adults do this for the sake of their position and what not, but as a kid to watch someone get bullied and physically harmed as much as yuri was, he's definitely fucked up.

Okay author I'll say that you saved the previous chapter with this.

Dex-chan lover
nah it's not bs because the difference between lila and this guy, givemersspls, is he's a douche who never experienced suffering. He merely watched others suffer at the expense of his own benefit. Lila went through a lot of psychological, emotional, and physical trauma to make her who she is. Plus, she's pretty much portrayed as batshit insane, so not exactly sure what you're on about.

@givemersspls ?? The author portrayed her just the same when she first came out with it. Even here its not like Junu said he was wrong or evil. He literally agreed with him and just said he doesn't like to do things that way.

Being an opportunist is indeed the smart thing to do but you'll be left lonely in the end, as to the other option you can work together, tough it out together and not be lonely.

@Koyomiya Its because the end result is that you would be acting morally questionably. By being opportunistic like that you're basically admitting that your the type of person who would only be good to someone or be friends with them as long as it benefits you. Therefore you would also be the first to jump ship when things get tough. That's not really a friend now is it?

There is nothing wrong with being 'friendly' to those who have a purely objective beneficial effect on your life but actively pursuing relationship that is defined as 'friends' solely for that purpose is disingenuous by design.

@givemersspls

lol at your comments.. 'bad writing" this "Lila" that... same shit every week. Maybe this webtoon just isn't for you...

I think how these characters interact is actually quite realistic, although a bit exaggerated. I saw these kinds of situations growing up all the time, specially in high school. 'Bad' people are forgiven all the time, it's pretty obvious that the author wants to go for a realistic approach, maybe even from his experiences.

Drop the toon if you're really getting that angry over it, it's not healthy.

...and the lesson here would be "you got to contribute to the relations you're in lest others eventually catch on (and beat you up) and call you a leecher."...

@givemersspls That's still an unfair take on things. Sungouk is being wrong in Junu's eyes. He's pretty much doing the same as the President, just from a different angle. You seriously shouldn't expect Junu to be subjectively neutral in any of these scenarios.

You're honestly doing the same as Junu here and just being sensitive about this one part but unlike him you don't seem to realise that its a subjective thing and try to paint it as an objective flaw with the story. Almost all the interactions here are dramatised to an extent but they all have grounding in real happenings. Why react so fiercely about just these ones?

Damn, all those heated arguments about this dude, and this is his endgame. :-D

Hahahaha, this is hilarious, they were defending such a weak ass standpoint - even though it was unbeknown to the commenters. :-D

Being an opportunist sounds so high and mighty, while in truth it's just the lack of skills or simply lazyness to do things yourself. Either of which trait will not get you far in life. :) Well, unless you are the one in a million epic player, in which case, good for you! Obviously, this guy was just one of the 999 999.

And before you - yet again - blame author for poor writing and such for our MC being shaken to the core again, it's called honey talk for a freaking reason. It sounds good, and reasonable, even so for a teenager without any real life experience. To those who yet knows nothing of the real sweetness of successfully finished "hard work", or simply is just in the middle of said "hard work", thus constantly doubting themselves - as it is normal -, this weak ass guy's reasons sound completely legit.

@infocam You are missing the point, he IS contributing. "Hamin is treated well". The difference is in the initial intentions when you started the relationship.

Fed-Kun's army
@givemersspls
you've completely missed the ball on this one if you thing this is bad writing lol, I've complained about Lila myself but besides that, everything is pretty well written characters, especially Joonwoo reactions to everything, hell these last two chapters, he resolved himself not to try and get inbetween this asshole and Hami, cause he realized he offered hamin nothing while she's done so much for her, this is some pretty well thought out plot.

As for the opportunist he's actually smart, he's clearly selfish and not a genuine person however I wouldn't make him out as evil(like how the author is trying to portray him ),he's more or less looking forward and understands how social life and the real world works, they the lead and make a effort to set forward a proper future and hell Joonwoo himself agreed with him to a point, he honestly is probably going to abandon people when thing get tough which isn't a true friend,he's not evil but he's not good,it's honest to god, neutral and morally gray character, which is more interesting that "hahaha am a asshole, shut up or I'll beat you up hahaha", hell he even gave Joonwoo advice, maybe not good advice but advice none the less.

@Maala "hardwork" and passing by with your own hands is what most people do, you completely missed the point with Sungouk, if you've been working or social life, you get guys like him all the time, he's the guy whos besties with the boss and whenever there is a problem,the boss will take up for him, he uses people for his own benefit and he has 'worked' with his own hands, he does study and get good grades that's not his point, he makes social links that benefit himself and his future, it makes sense with a society like korea which is heavily influenced by your social standing.

Double-page supporter
@givemersspls but... Lila is purty? you don't like purty wahmen?
what's your problem man (don't worry i'm jking i hate her too)

lowkey i see what you're saying but i think your disdain comes off as a bit too strong,

i did however think they dialogue felt a bit halfassed and forced (kinda like insert LN dialogue), pretty boy didn't have to go off spouting about opportunism and what not
felt idk weird to me. Did anyone else feel the same?

Users who are viewing this thread