The follows function have been upgraded! You can now fine tune your follows. Also, isekai genre added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
This is the major update of the week. The follows function have been upgraded! You can now fine tune your follows by assigning lists.

On the manga page, you can choose reading, completed, dropped etc when you click the follows button.
You can see subsets (lists) of your follows on your follows/chapters and your follows/manga pages by using the dropdown to select either all, completed, dropped, etc.
"Reading" has been set as the default list.

Also, isekai genre added. I was going to wait until the overhaul of the genres system, but I'll add it now due to demand.

Finally! But do define Isekai properly.

There are manga with Earth characters that use such knowledge in fantasy-settings/alternate-world/virtual-world that don't seem to considered Isekai. (At least not tagged as such in the inital rush.)
For example: Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu, Teisou Gyakuten Sekai, SAO, OSO, GATE, etc

And then there are manga that are technically isekai because the character reincarnated or something, but that's as far as it goes in referencing Earth knowledge and nothing ever comes up in the plot in regard. It's just used to get a character in a setting, make him overpowered somehow, and lazily introduce the world. Basically a lazy plot device that is never used again.
Ex: Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (unless I'm forgetting something); I'm not following anything that brings this to mind.

Contributor
More options are always good, though I will probably be too lazy to use any of them.

Contributor
So like, the literal translation of isekai is "different world," so if a fantasy being (eg demon king) gets transported to a normal world (eg ours) or a similarly fantastical world (eg not ours), should it still be tagged Isekai even though it's not the type of isekai that some people may be looking for? Just need to know if I need to edit some more manga

Contributor
Oh, also should "transported to another time" scenarios be included under isekai, since it often follows the "fish out of water, with knowledge that helps that world" setting common in other isekai? How about time hopping that doesn't include that as a plot point? Example, if a Japanese high school boy suddenly gets run over by a tricycle and reincarnates in 17th century Australia, is that an isekai?

Geez, this is becoming a question of what constitutes an isekai, and just asking that question is making me think more about isekai than I'd like to...

Double-page supporter
That's neat, thank you.

Can you add a "hide" option somewhere? For example, I'd like to hide (filter out) manga in my dropped, on-hold and completed lists on the main page/RSS feed/titles/ratings.
Though I can achieve this with a userscript, RSS feed will be still unusable with all that dropped manga in it.

Could you add option to check list manga that already in follows list before this update?

Mangadex now pretty much has almost every single feature i could want in a manga site! You guys are doing a great job! The only other thing I could think that would be nice to have, is a suggestions page for similar manga on each title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread