I Want to Hug a Girl Like This! Short Stories - Vol. 1 Ch. 33 - A Story About Being Confessed by a Cool Girl.

Dex-chan lover
God dammit yet again another one shot, if only these damn things got serialized.

Twi

Yet another one shot from Twitter, I wish they’d all get serialized. So far from what I seen, Twitter one shots are on a whole ‘nother level.

Fed-Kun's army
Your crush called you and asked you out.
mgidarccontentnick.png

Group Leader
HM

HMHMMHMHMMHMHMHMMHMHMMHMHMHMMHMHMHMHMHMMHMHMHMHMMHMHMHMHMHMMHMHMHMMHMHMHMHMHMHM

CUTE

Group Leader
@Twi If by on another level you mean incredibly easy and simple to produce, as you dont need any substance, or need to stretch out a relationship and drama for 50+ chapters.
Then yes, another level. Definetly.

Tl:dr Oneshots and series are entirely different beasts

Twi

@Argolok that too but I was mostly referring to the fluffy atmosphere they tend to have. Of course there are some other one shots and series that are fluffy but those are few in number at least from what I found.

@Argolok I get where you're coming from and what you're saying. One shots are often simple because they're a short story and don't require a lot of planning for future events, so fourth. However, I do think you're underselling them a tad, some of the best one shots may be short, but they convey their ideas extremely well. In my opinion some short stories are incredibly well thought out and beautifully drawn, so I wouldn't say they're just "easy and simple" all the time. Some of them are, like this one for example is simple, but still it conveys the idea and point well. I'd definitely agree that comparing manga and one-shots to each other is generally something people shouldn't do, and while it'd be nice for the author to expand on a one-shot at times, it's also sometimes best for it to just be a one off since it completes the entire idea. Expanding on an idea can kill some of the original impact that the short format had, and the idea of the story can grow tired. It's definitely a challenge to keep a reader invested in an entire series. However there are those cases where a one-shot gets made into a serialized series and it's an actually genuinely amazing series. It all depends on the author and the one-shot.

Contributor
in...innn.... insulin....
SOMEONE GIVE ME INSULIN...!!!!!
NNNNGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
She tried her best to maintain a cool image, but it was harder than she expected.

Dex-chan lover
Can you even call this a kuudere? Depends whether or not it's not just her being shy, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread