Japanese SFX for scanlators (community help needed)

Power Uploader
Posted this on Kitsune's behalf. Since we don't have a forum for discussing scanlation, I figured this is the only place I can post this, hopefully it'll get some attentions in the long run

Quote from Kitsune:

Hi everyone, I am Kitsune from Hatigarm Scans. You might already know about this but currently, the SFX dictionary website Jaded Network is currently down and having 500 error issue. Since the owner/admin of that website has stopped updated since late 2012 - early 2013, most likely it will stay that way. Although there is an alternative which is Nihongo Resources, I personally find it not as helpful as Jaded, especially for J-translator beginner. Therefore, I decided to copy every SFX from Jaded Network into a Google Excel instead. That way, we all can use and preserve Jaded's SFX database. On top of that, we can update it as well.

Here is the link for the file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXFIVmSzukN1PYD1JakdqMmrNNlc7TtkutDKevuKM0c/edit?usp=sharing

Special shout out to Ron_BWL and Dorien for helping me making this file.

Also, we need your help and feedback:
1) Since we manually copied and pasted it, there might be some mistakes somewhere.
2) Since this hasn't been updated for 5-6 years, the translation and explanation might need some improvement. It'll be helpful if everyone can provide us different translation. For example, using "zoom" or "Vroom" instead of just "dash" or "run"
3) Especially since Manga SFX also evolves and has some new SFXs that doesn't exist in the file, we need help to keep up with the update .
4) We need a few people to help us manage this as well Contact me or Dorien or Ron. You can find us in Hatigarm Discord.

Thank you for reading and again special thanks to Dorien and Ron .

Please feel free to feedback us here (correction/improvement/new SFX), we'll update the sheet regularly.

Ron

Fed-Kun's army
English onomatope looks really unexpressive when listed like that lol.

is a Reindeer
VIP
We've been having someone develop our own SFX database, SFXDex. Like halfway done I guess

Contributor
I also found this

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/rhb/20120606/p1

Might help i guess

Users who are viewing this thread