can you not fasilitating anon sniping translator :rejected:

https://shurimtranslation.com/
can we make anti sniping other translator work when they are working the series, like novelupdates and make it 3 months inactivity to be picked up by other. its sad when one with dedication for 2 years and make a series popular and when the anime gets popular and someone sniped it works and even facilitated. it become sadder when shurim even didn't consider quality and consider speed more to beat an anon (competition in manga translation is bad for quality like before bato.to). its okay to re-upload some for better quality but make it after atleast 3 months after release of the official group. but sniping popular works and double translation is never good (like when mangastream sniping lesser shonen manga after they got popular from jaimini box).

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Bioboy We don't have any rules against multiple groups working on a single series and we don't have any rules to police the quality of a scanlation. No single group has a claim to the series they work on and we have no interest in policing the quality of works that get uploaded to the site. The only time we'll remove a chapter is if it's clearly a troll or joke TL. In the end, users will choose the group they prefer. Some people prefer speed, some people prefer quality.

then make the rules? novelupdates.com has that rules, and its good. so if i translate lesser known manga tirelessly then it became popular, and greater group or an anon pick it up so the speed increase and i lose reader because i doesn't have any protection, its good to you? how about i became an anon then make a very base translation to bigger group and faster so they lose readership and then interest in it because they are my competition? i think many groups do want some policing https://i.redd.it/23onxlkmqvf21.png. and if you look at shurim it just horrible some anon post it in 4 chan and get uploaded here and now we lose shurim (he said only temporarely but if you look at history it can be forever). as we know this is the defacto pool of scan group so why don't you ask all scan group and make some polls what the rules should or shouldn't be? and for any rules to police the quality, it's ok as its not my focus at the matter but my focus is we lose dedicated people because some anon or people didn't ask permission from the one working it, and just why not translate other yet-to-be-translated work.

multiple group working on 1 project as long as both has permission or a joint project is ok and i have no problem with that. and just get some digging it seems there is another conflict in https://mangadex.org/title/15722/tomo-chan-wa-onna-no-ko this guy facilitates both tomochan waonna no ko and slime https://mangadex.org/user/3024/fog/chapters/1/ https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/awkd7q/mangadex_staff_ama_come_ask_us_anything/ehndhq4.

Contributor
we have no interest in policing the quality of works that get uploaded to the site

Boi, did you read what the answer was?

I do agree sniping manga is bad manners, but we are talking about scanlations. It's literally in the grey zone of legality at most. I'm pretty sure the scanlators don't have a contract with the officials or get paid for something. Are you telling them to stop other people hobbies because people don't like it? Besides even if there is a rule on Mangadex, it doesn't mean the rule is everywhere, they can just upload it on r/manga or something and someone might just grab it there and upload it here too.

Group Leader
@bioboy Unless some person or group has the specific, provable permission from the actual author to be the sole translator, or as long as the group doesn't use another scanlator's work, be it translations or re-drawn pages, without permission, then what's the problem? The only "official" publication is that provided by the author or the author's publisher, be a magazine, book, or website, not some self-appointed "Offical" scanlating group. Bitching about someone scanlating something that they have no legal right to scanlate to begin with which someone else is also illegally scanlating is ridiculous. I don't like the idea that some other scanlating group would use my work without my permission, which has happened at least three times with Koi Inu alone, but if they do it from scratch themselves, that's fine with me. Just as @Plykiya said, users will chose which scanlations they prefer.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Bioboy We currently have no interest in changing our policy. Punishing sniping would make the site less scanlator friendly. If a popular new series comes out and there are five different groups trying to "claim" the series, the fastest version will win the rights to it. Going by your suggestion, this means the decent group that takes their time wouldn't be allowed to upload to the series because we would choose the first group. If you say that we should choose the "best" version of the chapter, that would mean policing quality of uploads. It's not our place or responsibility to meddle with group affairs or to police the quality of a release. It's not right to only allow a group with "acceptable" quality to upload to MangaDex. That's not our image of a "scanlator friendly" aggregator. Everyone is free to work on whatever series they choose, regardless of their ability or resources. That's part of why we allow the use of another group's translation. Users are given the option to read from the group they prefer

2.3.2 Using the translated script of a release by another scanlation group is generally allowed as long as there is a significant difference from the source release, such as being translated to another language, or having significantly improved typesetting or higher quality raws.

@plykiya thats the thing. its not really about conflict between groups. what i am asking is against an anon. and fog in this case has 2 times uploading it. conflict between groups do need moderating but thats not why i am here. now the tomochan wa onnanoko seems solved. but the slime one take a toll. but the lesser known then popular (more probable when anime starts) then sniped do need to be policed because if not something like mangastream will be dime and dozen. if popular new series and 5 groups want it now that a bit complex and i do believe it will be solved. here is rules from novel updates https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/forum-rules.29321/#post-1147233. they do not endorse any dibs or reservation of project. and that also exactly why i am asking to just make some polls to all scan groups what rules do we need to implement.

Contributor
I think it's far easier and less stressing for the scanlators just to go "Oh, that manga is already taken. I guess, I can finally move on and pick up some other stuff now"

@pika and if you look at shurim for about 3 or so chapter he stressed against an anon and he can do nothing and now he retire? mangadex has delayed chapter and the groups being harassed for it https://mangadex.org/thread/51200. why not i just go to their site and copy them and get some edit and upload as anon in 4chan and then upload here so they will never think to delaying chapter again? for reddit and other thing, i care little. but mangadex supposed to be defacto of manga community like novelupdates.com for novel updates after bato.to demise so thats that. but fog do upload some chapter here for anon and there is even anon edition for tomochan in reddit uploaded by him and when dropout do upload here he didn't upload in reddit.

if you look at shurim for about 3 or so chapter he stressed against an anon and he can do nothing and now he retire?

while it's unfortunate that sniping led to Shurim deciding to drop the series and take a break from scanlating, that's Shurim's choice and we should all respect it. when the group i was in was translating Hayate, we got our fair share of sniping attempts. even had a whole group pop up from nowhere because we were sitting on some chapters for too long. but we put our heads down and cranked out our releases like always, and the snipe groups usually fell apart and disappeared. the way our group handled it is no less correct than the way Shurim is.

none of this is a mangadex problem - if mangadex wants to continue to be the open platform it has become, then it has to be open to everyone. if mangadex didn't exist, this would have played out in exactly the same fashion.

I have been seeing this "sniping" talk a lot and even seen the community chase new translator, which to me is quite ridiculous. Its a free market, all the products are visible to you, you can choose what you like and ignore the rest. But trying to/petition banning the one you dont like is quite ridiculous. How would you like if the government says only Walmart can sell shoes because Trump likes them?
Also this is free illegal stuff we are talking about. Its laughable that you'd want to police that.

I really not see any reason for that thread existing, the only thing I saw is an entitled reader trying to be petty and unreasonable. Go grow a pair boy.

Fog

I agree with Bentoki, ban me pls.

Code:
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Users who are viewing this thread