Kirei ni Shitemoraemasuka - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - I'm Going With Nairo Too.

Dex-chan lover
Some girl owes Nairo six drone beetles, four gold beetles, and a stag beetle, regardless of her later success at capturing still more.

Group Leader
Although, Nairo is pretty chill to just go catch more beetles to make for the escaping ones.

Dex-chan lover
As a monthly release. How come this is shorter than weakly release

I dunno how to reply to the chat below by @Tcof so...

Don't make shonen jump's manga or any other weekly as standard fam, those artists are either have a lot of assistant or simply borderline slave labor... or both

Personally, i prefer a quality update every chapter rather than like murata's one punch-man
A lot of pages with cool pictures but nothing much other than a parade of new forget-able OC hero and monster

Edit : so i only need to add @ just like other site lmao

Aggregator gang
The idea of a ghost calling to get their bloody handprint ball cleaned is hilarious 🤣

Irrelevant little gripe:

The Drone Beetle/Gold Beetle panel is a bit weird, since "Gold Beetle" likely refers to the Chrysina resplendens/Plusiotis resplendens, or Jewel Scarab, based on how it is designed. "Gold Beetle" as a phrase generally is more likely to refer to the Charidotella sexpunctata, or Golden Tortoise Beetle, which looks nothing like a Drone Beetle and isn't even in the ballpark of the same size, as it is the size of a ladybug.

None of this matters, of course, but it's something interesting.

Furthermore, this gets even stranger since it's apparent that Nairo couldn't have caught the "Gold Beetle" out in the wild considering that both the Golden Tortoise Beetle and Jewel Scarab aren't native to Japan but instead to the Americas (commonly, Costa Rica for the Jewel Scarab). This indicates to me either that the author isn't brushed up on his bugs, doesn't really care, or there's something weird going on on the T/L side of things.

But again, it doesn't really matter and I'm not bothered by it, I just thought it was odd.

Dex-chan lover
@GACT

Perhaps a couple of things are at play here: First, the Japanese may use a word that translates as “gold” or as “golden” for a beetle of a different sort; and, second, the artist might be as ignorant as I about entomology, and may have used a photo-reference without an understanding of scale or for the wrong gold beetle. (The latter conforms to your suggestion that the author isn't brushed-up on insects.)

I was expecting Rea to appear once in this manga especially in this horror-themed chapter...
What a dissapointment

Dex-chan lover
@mousehunter
It looks like がんば... ganba... on the top line, presumably ganbare, which is used to cheer someone on: "go for it", "do your best", etc. Which makes sense for the context.
On the second line it seems to have フレ fure and I'm not sure what comes after it or what it's saying.

Dex-chan lover
@mousehunter

It's not fully visible. The first line (in hiragana) is probably the beginning of 「がんばろう」 which would translate as “Let's do our best”. The second line seems to begin with the katakana 「フレ」, but that's just /fure/.

Users who are viewing this thread