Fake mangadex spotted

While searching google for a manga title, I found a link to a mangadex domain, that isn't actually mangadex. If you find any links that seem to point to mangadex, just be aware and make sure it's got the correct domain.
Just thought it'd be an idea to post this and make people aware of the impostor. Edited to remove the naming of the imposter, so as to not send any traffic their way (hopefully).

Dex-chan lover
Lol good find! And having them all write their links at the bottom.

@Holo can you add this to announcements so more people can see it, especially for guests.

Miku best girl
Admin
We've been aware of this for a while. Mangakakalot is the culprit behind this. They also ripped off mangarock by making mangarock.club, lol

I haven't drawn attention to this because I don't want to give them more publicity.

yeah.. and despite them being impostor, they still manage to get above hundred thousand visitor. most all of them from u.s..
raking with cash.

Contributor
Ahahahah, oh god, the site is so awful, i didn't stay on it more than 30 s.
Some people really have no shame.

I don't understand, why don't they have shame?
In the past, there was a site--i dunno its name--naruto what? that deceived people if they did not make a donation, it would be dangerous for the community.

I don't find anything wrong with making it public.
Mangapanda too, it's funny to see them suggest not to read on other sites.

No benefits to making it public, only downsides.
First and foremost, the message would reach less than 1% of the target audience. You think I don't know what mangadex looks like? I do, so do almost all of its users. The people who would benefit from the announcement are the ones who will never see it. (the hopefully <1% here are our technologically impaired users. Who are probably on the phone right now paying "microsoft" $3.99 to unlock their computer since they have a virus message on google chrome)

As far as the downsides for advertising for them go, well... there you have it. All we would be doing is advertising them, and ads are beneficial regardless of what kind of light they are in. A link on the front page would not only encourage our users to visit the site (out of curiosity), but also promote the site on search engines (its like telling google mangadex recommends enemyA). What more, our curious users clicking on the link would also likely increase their ranking in search results. Would they overtake mangadex? Not even close, but there are no foreseeable benefits to moving this low ranked enemy up a few notches in google just for fun.

The very most we should say is "Look out for imposture sites. Make sure it says https://mangadex.org in the address bar when you visit our site". It won't help worth crap, but it shows you care to the 99% of users with a brain.

Edited my post, hadn't really thought about that side of it. Sorry about that.

Fed-Kun's army
Not very fun if they start DDOSing the original. (As good a suspect as any, no?)

Users who are viewing this thread