Filter read chapter from follows :planned:

It would be nice to filter follow page to hide chapters you've already read. It becomes difficult to use when you're following a manga that updates daily, and thus takes more s-ace than it should.

Slight tangent here, but the option to filter out all but the latest chapter or reorganize by name would help clean up a bit more, but manga updates already does that for the most part. Still would add to a cleaner experience.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
This is a planned feature that will come when Holo revamps the follows page.

Was going to make a thread but found this. It would also be nice to be able to mark a whole series as read or read up to a certain point.

Some series I don't stay as current on so the unread chapters of those get buried

hacky way to do it yourself, execute this in the console: jQuery('span.chapter_mark_unread_button').parent().parent().parent().parent().css('display', 'none')

or if you have a browser addon that lets you run custom javascript on a website you could use this so that the eyeball in the header will hide read rows when you click on it

Code:
var headerEye = document.querySelector('.chapter-container > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(3) > div:nth-child(1) > div:nth-child(1) > span:nth-child(1)');
headerEye.title = "Click to hide read chapters"
headerEye.onclick = function () {
    var rows = document.querySelectorAll('span.chapter_mark_unread_button');
    for (i = 0; i < rows .length; i++) {
        rows [ i ].parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.parentElement.style.display = 'none';
    }
}

Custom title
Staff
Developer
NWe70YQ.png

Probably adding something like this in the more-or-less near future. We won't be hiding read chapters, but there's probably going to be an option to sort the unread ones to the top of each page and make them visually distinct from the already read ones.

guess the API update borked this work around it stopped working for me

Edit: CJS2 extension got borked all good move along nothing to see here

Dex-chan lover
I'm definitely looking forward to when this gets implemented.

As it is, I have a huge backlog of unread chapters that are breathing down my neck (due to getting distracted by youtube and fanfiction), and having the already read chapters mixed in with them means the pagination count is huge, and it'll be a mess to wade through.

Users who are viewing this thread