Taisho Maiden Fairytale - Vol. 5 Ch. 38

Fed-Kun's army
Ryo got shafted, some incest between the uncle and father, the sister being legit crazy, who got Ryo pregnant, the whole debt for Yuzu not explained right and I think the twins were useless characters. Last 3rd act after the earthquake was rushed and weak.

Dex-chan lover
A good story with great depiction of the characters psychology. I'm glad it's ending well for everyone x')

Fed-Kun's army
@KobeisGOAT
But the debt WAS explained and they already said who got Ryo pregnant and he didnt appear out of nowhere. Its true that the twins were pretty useless though

Fed-Kun's army
@mangonator5000
The one that shows up with Ryo is her brother...it's not properly explained if she really did go with Ryo's Master since she still had lingering feelings for the MC. Anyway I felt bad for her

Dex-chan lover
Good story. Ending was a bit of a hatchetjob (I'd assume it got axed or prematurely ended for some reason or other - but at least it got some kind of ending and the most important threads fixed up, so I won't complain much).

Double-page supporter
I don't really know how I feel. This last volume everything happened so fast.

Incest, insanity, reunions, adoptions, marriages, career choices, babies born... nonstop drama.

Oh, I believe Ryo got married to her brother's master, since she said she was the madam of a large store. Sounds like the guy really loved her, and even though she still had feelings for Tamahiko, I think if he was devoted enough, she'd come around. Yuzu won Tamahiko over after all.

My only real disappointment is that Tamahiko and Yuzu didn't wait till they got married to do it. They had to wait like 2 more days to file some paperwork. That's a personal nitpick though.

G-P

Dex-chan lover
Kinda bummed out that Tamayo got off scot-free, but still bretty good.

Lovely story.

I’m a bit disappointed that Tamayo never got what she deserved. The father at least managed to lose all his (sane) children to his brother and Yuzu’s family. I actually expected he would forgive their debt, but I guess he was a jerk to the end. I’m curious about his other siblings, since i think it said his father was one of 7 kids, and he initially worked hard to support his brothers. Apparently his change of attitude drove off the one brother, but what about the others? I also was curious about Tamahiko’s mom, since she hated her older children, but for some reason was with Tamahiko on his birthday. I wondered if she was attempting suicide with the accident, and getting back at the dad by killing off his heir. Heck, maybe Tamayo engineered the whole thing. I guess the oldest son wasn’t a worthy successor previously? He had no screen time, so it’s unclear what kind of person he was. That Shima family is crazy...but if Tamayo never marries, the tree stops with her. It’s kinda sad that Tamahiko is the most like her...and really makes you realize how it isn’t saying much when he told Tamako he loved her best 😂

Of course, will they survive the devastation of WWII...? Probably best that it doesn’t go there.

Dex-chan lover
And then they were bombed to death cuz they messed with America and nobody messes with America.

Oi oi oi dont try to gloss over the guy NTRing his brother like that and making it into a happy thing author at the end of the day she married the other dude doesnt matter what was going on before.

Little brother kid also doesnt sit right with me as wel he forced Yuzu for a lap pillow and i think you all would agree thats practically rape its the equivalent of unprotected hand holding.

Ending felt a little rushed in some ways but still this was a super enjoyable romantic ride.

Yuzu and Tamako are the best of girls with Tamako being my personal favorite tbh.

Also while MC wasnt particularly exceptional he was at least pretty likable which is weird in a romance where 90% of MC's are hatable, "dense"(retarded), buffoons.

9/10 cuz they smashed -1 point cuz best True route would have been the Alabama route after all incest=wincest.

Thank you for translating till the end! Really enjoyed this cute series!

Dex-chan lover
I'd have liked to see an ending a few years further into the fuutre, with Tamahiko and Yuzu's children playing in a garden... but this is good too. A wholesome story, short and sweet.
That said, I'm glad Tamayo and Tama-dad didn't get some kind of whacky, cosmic retribution-style payback. It keeps the story that much more realistic. And in a way, they both weave their own endings, regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread