A Taste of Love - Ch. 5 - Life in another world

Dex-chan lover
Ok, i understood the food thing since she's a glutton... but the soap? What the heck did she do before??? Lol... At least japanese isekai had a reason like "they liked to read so they know all this random stuff".. but no backstory with her skills??? LOL

Dex-chan lover
@unime Almost every isekai has the protagonist automatically know how to make modern necessities with zero explanation. At this point I just hand-wave it as asian middle schools having a mandatory "Isekai survival" course.

Double-page supporter
Lol, how does she know how to make soy sauce? & soap? I once read about how to make your own soap but forgot it immediately X'DDD What kind of diy master was she in her past life?

Dex-chan lover
@keks503 It's a mandatory skill of Isekai MCs to be able to recreate everything used in modern society, from chopsticks and paper to smartphones and even missiles.

Fed-Kun's army
The real issue with soap and soy sauce is if she had to make her own lye and koji starter (a kind of yeast/mold). Even people really into organics, DIY, all-natural type stuff wouldn't make their own lye and koji, they'd buy it. As a spoiled foodie from a high-tech country, it's unlikely she knows how to make either. And if those ingredients already exist in this fantasy world, obviously soap and soy sauce would already exist too. So what we have is some terrible writing from an author who can't cook or make soaps. Also known as Plot Armor. :D

Lets not get into details of how she was able to easily create those stuff and focus on her journey of becoming the Chef Queen where the world fought for the right to have her XD

Group Leader
same, guys, saaaaaame. this is my nth isekai read, and i always think, how do they know how to make soap and shampoo TT^TT is this just common knowledge? am i such a loser for not knowing how to make my own soap? if i get transported to another world, then i should probably know this in case, right? ahhhhhhhh just this single point stresses me out ocassionally when i read these isekai xD

@draw2much Chili sauce is even more difficult to make. In a world where are no other chefs that cater to taste, she can't possibly find a plant that was selectively bred for over a thousand years (this work started by ancient Mayans, just like with maize) even if she paid all her money to search for it. It just wouldn't exist.

Asian schools has mandatory cooking class, For at least one year of school their whole school life.

Contributor
Bold of her to assume this culture is on-board with spicy food.

Dex-chan lover
What, wasn't she an average person? The average drama watching girl does not know how to make soap from all natural ingredients. Let alone detergent. Sigh. Whatever it's not supposed to be realistic I guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread