Misoshiru de Kanpai! - Vol. 6 Ch. 33 - The Lingering Snow

Aggregator gang
Saying it's for the kid's sake is honestly pretty shameless.

jak

Contributor
@SoloSera

I disagree. The said its also for his benefit which can be true, but they also don't know that he's doing okay with Yae's help.

Aggregator gang
Agree to disagree then. I find using a kid as an excuse to pry into other people's business somewhat patronizing, but, perhaps, my family being full of garbage that only cares about appearances has warped my perception.

Dex-chan lover
@jak@SoloSera I leaning towards the remarriage. But I do agree using Zen as the reason isn't right

Keep in mind that it's been a while since her passing. And it's only now Togo and Zen started bonding. Hes probably using Zen as a defense mechanism to help himself to move on.

I also like the idea of a new stepmother bonding with the child (especially if it's a son). It helps to identify new drama and connection. Who knows ....she might cheer on for Zen x Yae

jak

Contributor
@SoloSera

When they say its for his benefit, I doubt there's any sort of malicious intent behind those words.

Aggregator gang
There is nothing more narcissistic and slimy than masking your actions behind the guise of doing it for the good of others. Anyways, at least this forces progress, even though it's just that, forced.

@jak
Now that's naive and downright delusional. It's manipulation, plain and simple. Telling someone they should do something because it's for the good of their kid and not because they want to do it is psychological manipulation. The whole purpose of that kind of line is to make people feel like bad parents.

Fed-Kun's army
I keep putting manga on my reading list but then for some reason it gets taken out of my reading list after a couple of weeks?

What is this BS?

Plot twist: the matchmaking is for Zen and they're assuming he has his father's taste. The meeting is to make sure the dad approves.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Called it.

And shit, they're 16? Hoped they would be younger...

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja what they should have said? “We hope you remarry because you’re still young - and don’t care about Zen, you have to think only for yourself”?

There is nothing manipulative at all, saying that a new motherly figure can be good for the boy is not a lie, just stating a possibility that he should take into consideration.

At this point all I see is someone giving advice and try to help (I mean, how can they know about the friend acting a little as “mother”?) , if there is malicious intent we’ll see later...

Fed-Kun's army
In their twenties up to thirty? "Because you're still young"? "Kids at Zen-kun's age"? I have a feeling these are old letters, from five or six years ago.

Aggregator gang
@emMeBi86
Don't know and don't care. I'm not in the matchmaking business and it's not relevant to my point.

Bullshit. Also a straw-man. I said nothing about having a mother figure being good or bad and that fact is not relevant to what I was saying. I said saying "Use our service, think about your kid that we totally care about, get married because it's good for your kidand we make money out of it and you're young and your wife has been dead long enough." is entirely manipulative. Even if he wanted to get married, attempting to convince him by justifying it as a benefit for his kid is manipulative. The line literally means "doing this is probably good for your kid" ergo "not doing this is probably bad for your kid". It's the same shit politicians do whenever an issue that benefits them comes up: "Think about the children!". Odds are neither of them give a fuck about the children. To make matters worse, these assholes said "Quite a lot of time has passed since your wife's death". Fuck them. No matter who that is, it is not their place to say that. "It's been long enough". That's manipulation.

It's a letter from (I assume) a matchmaking business. Assuming a business is trying to help you is something relegated to morons. Even if it was from an individual, it became manipulative the second he brought the kid into it, not to mention his fucking dead wife. Either way, it's ignorance on the scale of maliciousness or simple maliciousness.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@BCS

Ehhh no way!! Aren't Zen-kun and Yae around 15? They were in their second year of middle school when the manga started, and it's been a year since then. The 16 year old is probably Chloe!

Dex-chan lover
It's not very polite to go into someone else's room and read their private letters. Zen is really a brat still. Maybe he would need a mother to grow up decently, with the father away from home so much.

Users who are viewing this thread