Q.E.D - Vol. 38 Ch. 75 - 17

Contributor
Tooo...much...math....

Must indulge in something illogical before my mind implodes.

Fvck, too much math...
I don't even know half of them...
brain.exe has stopped.

Poor girl, at least her teacher did somewhat believe in her.

Also, typo: "corgotten" instead of forgotten

Fed-Kun's army
Imaginary numbers could probably have been more seamlessly integrated into mathematics if the system was rewritten. But that's the beauty of math, it's built upon what was found out before, generations and generations of curious, intellectual, (and historically male, and rich) individuals building upon the shoulders of the previous generations. Sadly, there were many people who did not have minds that could accept things that they couldn't understand. I'm sure if someone were to find the solution to dividing by 0 it will not be accepted for a few hundred years. And until then, it will exist in the 2D plane as an asymptote or removable discontinuity..

From the moment they talked about the shrine having 17 sides, it was clearly leading towards imaginary numbers. Then again, I'm somewhat familiar with Galois theory math.

Interestingly, the mathematics of origami allow for far more possible constructions than ye olde ruler and compass. For example, you can divide an angle in three equal parts. Curiously enough, exploration on this topic only started in late 20th century (or something). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematics_of_paper_folding

Users who are viewing this thread