IPv4 Throttle Lifted - Rejoice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Finally, after a months long saga that can only be described as intensely frustrating and hair pulling, we can ecstatically report that all throttling has been lifted by Cloudflare. If you've noticed an increase in speed, it's not your imagination.

In regards to our new server costs, we are not changing the Support page to reflect our new funds until we make a final decision. This is only until we decide whether it's the best use of funds in view of other alternatives. Watch out for future announcements regarding this.

We are still under a DDoS that has forced us to disable the search function for guests since that is their attack vector and it will most likely be disabled for the foreseeable future until the Dev team releases the new, improved version.

For now, rejoice! We're fully up to steam again and we plan to be better than ever!

It's good to be back, friends.

Happy Reading!

1434942614035.gif

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how much the ddosing ended up costing to the person who bought it. I suppose it can't be dirt cheap since we are talking about cyber criminals offering a service.

Are you people allowed/able to make the donation option a dollar pls I am broke af, but not broke enough to give you amazing people $1 a month :)

Dex-chan lover
@Ramon2000 That's some serious money to spend to pester a manga site for an extended period of time. It wouldn't be much spent to attack a particular company at a very specific time, with possibly huge gains.

Staff
Admin
@Utsuro

Fees on 1 dollar make it not worth doing iirc. If you are broke spend your money on something you actually need!

@ixlone I just made the paypal account too :eek: I did not know you get fees for giving people money. If I have some money left over at the end of the month Ill just send it then :)

Fed-Kun's army
I kind of wonder if it's some other manga aggregator website doing the DDoS.

They're the ones who would seem to [1] have the greatest incentive to do this (i.e. they may be pissed about mangadex stealing away their viewers and ad revenue) and also [2] the cash to fund a DDoS.

Well, regardless of who is the culprit, it's nice to see the circumstances are finally coming about to make a DDoS ineffective (including the path.net mitigation).

Hope the DDoSers either give up after seeing the futility of it, or just continue and squander their money but have no effect thanks to the mitigation. Either way, nice to see mangadex prevailing.

Hoping I'll have fewer issues now with having to hit reload when I'm trying to view long vertical scroll chapters now, since I'm using the legacy viewer (which I love, btw).

Really enjoy this site over other sites, Aint got a bunch of annoying ads getting in my way and allows me to customize the look of site along with the method of reading ( long format, page by page, etc ) Thank y'all for this great site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread