Thoughts on Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken anime adaptation?

Fed-Kun's army
I've watched 22 episodes of it but for some reason im not quite satisfied by it, specially for the first episode, some characters attitude is quite different from the manga and some events are changed or skipped for no apparent reason, maybe its because i already know what is going to happen or how is going to so maybe a person who dont know anything could enjoy it more, has someone feel the same way or its just me being picky.

Dex-chan lover
I'm planning to read the manga after finishing the anime. What chapters should I read that the anime already covered?

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN The latest one? because next week the anime will surpass the manga a little bit. but you might need to read chapter 34-36 then 39-43 because these are the skipped stories from the anime
@zeroxjac IIRC the the anime staff said that they'll made some OVAs for the cutted stories because they want to end the anime at a certain point.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the pacing was very slow.. Until ep 22 then suddenly I feel like they were rushing it so it'll manage to cover...
The part where Rimuru will fight a female Knight like at the first OP for the anime (forgot what's her name, check the latest translation of the Manga for more info).

I mean what was that fight with the Sky Dragon about? It looks terrible honestly (maybe they blow the budget animating other things such as the Shark monster battle).

Fed-Kun's army
@Reechi Really dont know how that will end with all the changes they did tough.

@ABCsOfLife i'm just kind of mad for the skipped content, the pace was ok ish for me but the changes are kind of unnecessary, and yes that "sky dragon" battle was horrible, they used the same attack loop for the dragon 2 times almost in a row and looked like it was designed in paint.

Dex-chan lover
@zeroxjac I feel like the show slow pacing is factoring the skipped contents, there were plenty of unimportant things (I can't put my hands on what it is unless I watch it again, though I think it was something akin to showing Rimuru and others just standing around) that could done quicker or skip all together, but for some reason they just went on a roundabout way to show it.

The anime trying to cover like what? 11-12 vol worth of manga as materials with 25 episodes?
Shouldn't it hurried it up?

The Milim arc start halfway through vol 6.
In the case of covering 12 volume worth of manga with 25 ep, shouldn't Milim appear like.. Around the end of ep 12?
But no, she appear much later, which is ep 16, which is 4 more ep than it should (well what I calculate at least).
Then maybe, when they realize that they haven't cover enough stuff of the material halfway to the deadline, they try to speed things up so they manage to cover the whole, which is why there's plenty of skipped content.

But you know this dividing is just my perspective from the one that read the manga, not the novel one (light or Web whichever it is).

Tl;Dr
The pace is slow, when the studio almost facing the deadline, they kinda rush things over, hence the skipped content.

Though I got to give the studio credit since.. Again, they are trying to cover 11-12 vol worth of manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Rhaptopia apparently not, no fight with Hinata at all.
Which I guess a pretty good move since it kinda concluded the story as it is and not giving us a cliffhanger ending of some sort.
But, then what is the point showing Rimuru fight her in the first OP then? -_-'

While I didn't say I hate it or dislike it, it was a rather disappointing (for me at least).

I will never forgive them for drawing Veldora's shadow in dragon form while we were still blind. It was a stupid move
That said, there arn't many adaptions that I do approve of. Actually, I can't think of any at all.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think they did a good job at organizing the scenes to pace well. The animation in general was pretty good.
At some points, I swear I was screaming, “HURRY UPP!!!”, as a reader of the webnovel.

Not nearly as good as the manga, and heck of a lot of details lost from the lightnovel version.

Most of the appeal of the manga and light novel is in HOW he's building up his forces in preparation to go to war or fight the next big foe. The Anime has none of this, so it feels really REALLY rushed.

I don't personally think its that bad, the pace to me was pretty good just there was some details they missed out from the manga and such, its still worth a watch though.

I liked it, but as usual, not as much as the manga. There's some crucial things that it left out but not really enough to be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread