Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Mediator

Wait, the mother would actually say it's this guy's fault ? Well, that's dumb...

I mean I'd understand blaming him for doing this dangerous job or something but what happened to their daughter is just murder. How is he even remotely close to responsible ?

Dex-chan lover
@Rogar
Welcome to JP logic.
It's like the start of World Trigger - Mikumo was insisting that Kuga not fight back against the bullies that were antagonizing them because by fighting back you'll only intensify the situation.
I do wish that there was at least some thought process behind this situation though. Like if his wife DIDN'T accuse him of being responsible for it - and that's what ate at him is because he DID feel responsible in some twisted way. To me that's at least somewhat reasonable.

So his power is to absorb kinetic energy and release it. Thus making him unstoppable while being attacked. Weakness is to not fight him and tie him up.

Group Leader
@IdolTrust I think it's more specific, like the enemy he's facing has to be unquestionably stronger than him. If he was facing an equal or weaker enemy the ability would not kick in.

Dex-chan lover
I've always hated that "Oh it's your fault Mr. Evil killed poor Doomed-to-Die-kun" shit. UHHH NO, IT'S MR. EVIL'S FAULT FOR KILLING HIM

It might sound dumb, but it's not like it's an unrealistic reflex response...

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 I think absorbing and releasing energy is a lot more logical, and the reason why he can't use it to win now after using it is well all his kinetic energy that he had released so far is now gone so for several weeks or month he has no offensive power now and the red team can take advantage of that.

Dex-chan lover
It's probably a charge-up ability.

There goes my fun theory of him also having Sophist. Would make for why Edgy Glasses couldn't figure out his power. Imagining a power like Sophist without ever being told would be quite difficult, but I suppose there is just a large enough library that he wouldn't be able to see it twice even if there are repeats.

'Course he could still have Sophist, but we'd be hitting 'contrived twist' territory.

Contributor
@Lithe Feels like having a second sophist as an ally would just be creating so many missed opportunities for a character to use their power realistically. This guy would at least have one or two people from the other leaders who would give him the abilities he wants by "believing."

Fed-Kun's army
Putting all the Drama aside, I wonder what's that old man's ability.

So, he absorbs all the damage and can return it just by touching the target? That's an OP ability, but I wonder what the restriction is? Guess I'll find out next chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread