Alive: The Final Evolution

Double-page supporter
holy sht this is old stuff... one of my favorite manga during those times... i feel sooo old...

Hey, not the best thing to say about an author who already passed away.

Dislike the work all you want, but no need to resort to ad hominem attacks, especially when it’s disrespecting a dead person.

Dex-chan lover
This is quite interesting and fun read. But it screw up at some point.
[ol]First,This is one of the case when manga get successful so author want to keep it alive and kill the first ending plan. At one point, there is a pretty much a final showdown already happen. But using timeskip and it end up in vain. A excuse to kill all the process that should be solve sooner. I mean it ok to keep writing more, but not many can pull that off.
Second issue is the love interest. Why the heck you develop the girl with the MC the whole story and then go back to the childhood friend that wasn't around for age. At first, she become the victim and the goal is save her. But as the story going on, the Girl who introduce after that is the real one have all the development and in the end just for them to split way. WTF ? if development with no pay off, what the point ? [/ol]

This was the first long series I ever finished. I remember reading this when it first got uploaded and I would have to wait for updates. Years later I still talk about this manga. I know there are some issues with the plot, but this story has a very big place in my heart. Taisuke is still one of my favorite fictional characters. I hope Kawashima sensei is resting in peace.

I remember reading this manga series a few years back and couldn’t finish the series for some reason but I’m happy that I got to finish this series R.I.P Kawashima

Unlike many, I actually commend the choice made at the end of the of the series.
Regarding the love interest, I'm quite happy that Taisuke ended up picking who he did. He stayed faithful to his original choice and feelings; what's there to not respect about that? I always liked this pairing. True, Nami was very well-developed, but it's not like Megumi was thrown aside for the whole manga; we do actually get to see a lot from her too. But then again, whenever someone sticks to their first choice (like in Re:Zero) somehow they get trashed for it, and if they change the feelings they started out with (like in Nisekoi) they also don't like that. Both those and especially this ship made so much sense, but I digress.

Anyways, I love this series. It explores its characters a lot, and manages to make its central cast very solid. You can also see Adachitoka's art evolve throughout the series, and it's a joy to see. I liked seeing the characters' journey, and I was gripped by the story at multiple points, bringing me to the ending which I obviously love a lot too. Still one of my favorite shounen. Rest in peace Kawashima Tadashi.

Also, volume 21's cover is so heartwarming. Whoever decided to go with a sky pattern in the font (as an added touch to the already beautiful scene) is a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread