Radiant - Vol. 9 Ch. 66 - The Armor of Pen Draig

Rol

Group Leader
Pen Draig is the welsh name of Pendragon.

Dex-chan lover
The thaumaturges are way too overpowered, I hope that there is a limit to the brat's power

Seems like the best idea against the thaumaturge kid would be to collapse the ground below him into a lethal fall, or collapse enough material above him.

Dex-chan lover
I think the idea he has is to overwhelm the kid so he can't ring fast enough or to just push a huge thing of fantasia at him so when he petrifies it even if it reduces to rubble it'll be a ton of rocks heading right for him.

And goddam that baron is a total piece of shit. I wonder if he killed his daughter or if she's gonna show up later

Dex-chan lover
A friendship for the ages.

When those barons are finally killed, it will be a wonderful moment.

Have they ever explained what exactly are the Thaumaturges? Like, are their miracles some kind of blessing from a god, or pixie (like Merlin), or just another magical device? All i can recognize is the tattoo in the back of Santori which seems to be where the ring that creates his super arms emerges from.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, it's been kept super vague. All we know is that it's like magic but seems to be very specific to each thaumaturge and it does not use fantasia as the "power source" is something else. Whether or not they are actual miracles is probably a pretty big plot point we don't know about yet.

Dex-chan lover
@zek777 I’m thinking since doc just wants a big wave of fantasia , he’s just gona bury the kid under rubble, since it seems the kid lacks physical empowerment(till drugs come into play)

Doc gotta be careful with swallowing those things, I’m doubting they Gona come out easily. Not Gona be sad when the main baron here dies a horrible death

Dex-chan lover
@OsoJr I don't think Santori tattoo has anything to do with his miracle, it is only the inquisitor's symbol to represent his devotion i think. About the miracles, it seems to me that they have origin in the will of the user, don't know the way that it makes them able to use it but they act as an extension of the user will, Santori ability is a projection of himself and the damage done to it is transmitted to him.

Why the miracles have such an effect in Fantasia could be explained a little with the concept of " mind over matter ". But this is all only my assumptions.

@alacaelum I don't think that's how it works. It's way too vague, from the way you explain it, you're assuming it essentially comes out of nowhere. Remember, Seth is a target because he can control fantasia with his bare hands. He is the only exception, even among infected. (Would include Myr, but nobody knows Myr is a pixie except for Seth)

Chapter 26, Grimm mentions there is no trace of fantasia being used.

Chapter 56, Diabal explains the seperation between infected and the Inquisition. The Inquisition relies on their magical tools.

I think these two chapters imply more towards the idea that the Inquisition managed some type of technology to create different miracles. Heck, they created a vacuum that sucks in all the fantasia in the surrounding area up to several kilometers. It has to be some kind of device, because it's mentioned in the last page of chapter 18, at the bottom, it states that they're called "The miracle workers" because of the skill they acquire after initiation. So it's clearly something applied and not developed, or at least something is applied to help develop it, or else that would just straight up make any normal human potentially stronger than any sorcerer, especially since they don't require fantasia.

Users who are viewing this thread