I Got Transported into Another World but Ended up Spreading Herpes to Everyone There

Dex-chan lover
So, I may or may not have been inspired by this post to make a legit story out of...

Genres: isekai, dark fantasy, action, psychological, romance, harem, slice-of-life, seinen

Author: @DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
Proofreader: @evze

Prologue​
I remember these scenes.

“Sorry, I'm busy today,” said the girl next to me.

“No, I said that I don't want to work with you. Leave me alone!”said my fellow teammate who I only just met.

“Why should I care about you, hundred?” said a relative.

They have left a scar far too deep to heal with time.

—lol kys

—Huh, never saw a hundred before. Imma block him.

—Why even live? You're already socially dead.

I tried to change. I swear I did.

“Sorry, no.”

But every time I reached out.

“No.”

They all refused.

“No thanks.”

Always the same…

“Stop bothering me!”

After time…

“Leave me alone, you hundred!”

And time again...

….

They won't give a chance to any hundreds.

But… Melanie, you won't leave me right?

Melanie?

“Sorry…”

No… please don't!

“You know what happens to people around a hundred.”

No please. I know that but I don’t want you to go! I don't want to be alone!!

“Goodbye, Stevenson. I only hope the best for you.”

NO!

….

Ah this feeling again.

I remember this feeling of dread and despair.

I hate it.

I want it to go away.

“That's it.”

Oh. I remember.

“I have no more reason to live.”

That is a lie.

“My life ruined…”

You know that's not true.

“My pride shattered…”

You still have someone.

“My reason to be have left me…”

You have a special someone!

“All because of a number.”

Don't you dare forget her!!

“Goodbye, you corrupted world.”

REMEMBER HER STEVEN!!!

And then I woke up.

I hadn't realized it at the moment but my scream echoed throughout the entire house.

“I… hate them...” I wept tirelessly despite the grueling horror I just went through.

But then, after quite some time, I regained my composure and caught onto something - if you were rock-bottom, the only place left for you to go to would be up; higher and higher into the sky.

I rid my head clear of all those fear and disgust that the nightmare had brought back to me and wiped the tears of dejection clean off of my cheeks. I took a deep breath and poked my head out of the window beside my bed and forced myself to smile through the lingering pain, “Ah, it's a beautiful day outside.”

The flowers here have a thick scent of nectar and the sky’s still blue without a hint of despair. This world has forestry devoid of holes made by loggers and the mountains bring down pristine waters through great rivers. This is a different world.

I don't have to bother with numbers, social connections, or company ranks; in this world, none of those corruption exists.

Here in Polo, it's just me and my diseases.

Thank God.

Although, I've always wished that we're not alone.

Chapter One​
COMING SOON

Chapter Two​
COMING SOON

Chapter Three​
COMING SOON

Chapter Four​
COMING SOON

Chapter Five​
COMING SOON

Leave comments, criticisms, and speculations down below!

Also, send me a message if you want to be notified of when the next chapter comes out.

Contributor
Sounds interesting. But unless the prologue is just a mix of scenes for the beginning of the story and the first chapters will explain more in detail, you should be more specific with certain things in it.
Like, why hundred? Or why was he able to adapt so quickly?

EDIT: Specifying things.

I agree with @Kenx
The hundred thing is confusing , also did he commit suicide or just slept/fail suicide?, was he transported to another world with his house?, he caught something in his house or remembered something/dreamt?, What diseases does he currently have, was that ever an issue, does that have anything to do with the hundred?, did he contracted the diseases from someone/something else, born with it? I dont think the prologue needs to clarify everything but it may need general idea on what this story is about, the plot I see is a lonely social outcast, who has depression, after a failed suicide, he got over it and then he got transported(unkown reason) while he also happens to have disease(sees them as his only friends?) Prologue never mentioned anything about his diseases until the last sentence (unless the hundred???) .
needs more clarification. Also is dark fantasy genre like tragedy?

I'm surprised the title from the plot summary I posted was kept since it was meant to sound absurd with a shock factor.
*shrugs*
I'm not sure what's going on either, I assumed the 'hundreds' thing was a special derogatory term for some social reject in whatever world the MC lived in (maybe like China's social credit system).
The first part of the prologue was explained to me as being a recollection of different scenes in a dream.

It could probably use an introduction/description of the story itself before the prologue.

@Edyrm
Dark fantasy can incorporate tragedy since they're set in a gloomy and dark world that may focus on things like horror, despair, hopelessness, and powerlessness.
The title makes you laugh a bit though and comedy doesn't fit in a serious story if you want a dark fantasy. I'm also surprised that there's a harem tag.
In relation to my linked post diseases are personified into girls: I just thought the idea of romancing an STD is hilarious, even if it's in the image of a beautiful girl.
As a dark fantasy, it's more fit to monsterfy/demonify the diseases and make the MC a 'host of demons' with the fate of 'the evil one' for example. This also allows one to make the diseases up entirely rather than be based on our world's.

Dex-chan lover
The prologue is just a very, very vague teaser for the story. I have most of the plot outlined, just need to write it and add on a lot more plot points to make things interesting.

And for the social number thing, I was inspired by China's social credit system so that's where the idea come from.

And the title is too hillarious so of course I kept it :p

Dex-chan lover
I just realized that there is no way to notify people when the next chapter is out so I'll just do this.

Pm me if you want a @ the next time a new chapter comes out.

VIP
Oh, is this forum turning into SpaceBattles.com now? Neat.

Rather than embedding all of the chapters in the first post, I'd suggest posting the new chapters in the thread as they come out so that it's clear which chapter each comment is responding to. And perhaps use the first post as an index into all the other chapters. And each chapter contains a previous and forward link. Like in SpaceBattles.

QUALITY LIGHT NOVEL WRITING. I'd like to subscribe, thx.

Contributor
I need more, this is some interesting stuff! Just a matter of time before it get's a comic adaption like Truck-kun, yeah?
As a suggestion maybe you could make individual chapter releases be their own thread, and link back to them on a main page, that way people can reply and comment on each individual release. (Or conversely we could just mention the chapter we're commenting on :p).

This has totally inspired me to start writing some original stuff in WN format myself, so keep at it!!

Dex-chan lover
@Letheliah I think I'm just gonna put the next chapters in here and link the comment inside the first post like what ununseti suggested, that way there won't be twenty different posts on the Literatures page about Herpes Isekai.

And also thanks! Do you want a subscription? I'll @ you at the time the next chapter comes out.

Dex-chan lover
I’m enjoying the pacing of the story and would love to subscribe to it. Just a thought. If this becomes popular enough maybe we can develop a thread where we give ideas (idk writing prompts) that could become stories just like this one?

Pretty much covered it in my original plot outline, herpes or HSV is an ancient disease and virtually every modern human on Earth have some innate immunity or resistance to it since it's been around for so long. This results in herpes having pretty mild symptoms or none at all in many individuals.

But would it be the case in another world where the microorganisms/diseases develop differently?

During "first-contact" of isolated tribes, a lot of them die off to minor diseases like influenza and measles (many diseases are from close exposure to other animals or the domestication) because they lack the same immunity that we do, not the mention the Native Americans.

https://www.survivalinternational.org/articles/3106-uncontacted-tribes-the-threats

This is why I went with "transported" instead of reincarnated. His body is literally a time-bomb to anyone that doesn't have immunity/resistance to the diseases he has. Also why I made him immune to the diseases in isekai world as part of the cheat, so he won't randomly die off the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread