Cloudflare Status: No more throttling! Also, AMA Scheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
In the continuing saga of why it sucks to be MD, we finally have some *great* news to report! @Holo finally heard back from Cloudflare support.

2uejtf.jpg

They were able to clear up the issues on his account and he was able to purchase the Pro tier of Cloudflare. We can confirm that the throttling has begun to disappear across various CF nodes. It appears that Ipv6 addresses are being targeted first and Ipv4 addresses will take a little longer to propagate. If you're still noticing some speed issues, never fear. It could take up 48 hours (potentially more since we're just making educated guesses at this point) for everything to get back to normal.

We will decide by the end of the month whether or not we want to go ahead with our original plans to upgrade to the Business tier of Cloudflare plans. Of course we'll make an announcement if we plan to do so.

To celebrate this bit of good fortune, staff got together and decided to hold an AMA on r/manga in lieu of our regular group interview!

We will open the thread on March 2nd at 6 PM UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). Note that times may be subject to change due to real life but as it stands, the vast majority of staff have been able to set aside that time to answer all of your questions! We'll keep answering questions until we run out of steam. 😎

Of course, we are always available (unless we're asleep!) to take your questions on our Discord and social media.

Take a look at our staff roster here to see if you have any questions you'd like to ask someone specifically: https://mangadex.org/about

We look forward to seeing you there!

Dex-chan lover
You don't understand. Taking money is a difficult process and we should thank Cloudflare for all the money they've taken. :D

Jokes aside, good to hear this. Thanks for the update :)

Dex-chan lover
We could just have an AMA here, I don't use reddit :(

Me

Fed-Kun's army
I would like to note, for the record, that I will take money without any delays.

Good to hear this. It can be troubling dealing with company bureaucracy. Glad it worked out and thanks for the update!

Group Leader
Nice 😎

6pm UTC?
Is mangadex based in the UK?
Always thought it was american for some reason x)

@Zephyrus I would very strongly recommend that if there is any viable alternative to Cloudflare, take it and tell Cloudflare to go take a flying leap (politely, of course). The fact that they didn't bother talking to you until several days after that one service gave you the free trial period (IIRTTC) strongly suggests that the only reason they got their shit together was because they were faced with the prospect of losing MD all together.

Don't wait for them to stab you in the back in your next moment of weakness.

@ninjadork I'm not sure there are really any alternatives to Cloudflare for DDOS mitigation and content caching, aside from the company that offered to help.

Fed-Kun's army
@Krynh I had a good experience with Incapsula for CDN and anti DDoS. But as usual, it is not cheap.

Contributor
Very good to hear that you solve the issues, thanks guys. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread