Blue Period - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Didn't Get Tanned in the Slightest

Thank you for the chapter!
I'm not an artist but this manga got me thinking a lot about how I think about writing, how it's "not worth it" if I can't make a career out of it. Will try harder to hone my craft from now on, he's right in thinking that art isn't something only people with talent can do! Sometimes when you love it enough, it's worth your time & devotion too.

😙😙i love art mangas!! this chapter had me inspired to make more art 😙

Sem

Dex-chan lover
It feels like I'm back in high school.
The author really portrays the steps a beginner goes through with great care. I had forgotten all about this.

Also! Dessin in the English speaking art community is more commonly known as a still life. They're quite fun once you get the hang of it. Transparent and translucent objects are especially enjoyable to draw.

Fed-Kun's army
That remind me a lot of the art lesson I took when I was aiming to enter into architectural school.
(I failed, not that I mind considering my current job). I learned a LOT in a very short time and it was incredibly interesting.
The thing I remember the most was "don't draw lines. Start with a rough outline and then draw shadows. Focus everything about creating depth with shadows. If you capture the contrast well enough the depth will appear by itself."

Dex-chan lover
what i wouldn't give for this manga to have an anime adaptation. like goddamn colour would maybe bring in another dimension to this black and white world.

Dex-chan lover
time to step up my art grind
this guy is admirable is his consistency, the main key to success
also, a cityscape painting like that in 2 months, bruh

i really enjoy how yaguchi's skills are shown to improve, but even then, the author still makes it obvious he's an amateur. like, you can just tell he's the worst out of them, despite having an innate natural talent for art. because for all his talent, he doesn't have any skill, but you can see it grow.

Dex-chan lover
As a reader, at some point I want to make fan art. Tried scribbling for some time but it kinda stopped because I spend time for other activities.
Maybe I try to invest more time to practice daily...

So no one commented about that last page? Damn that's surprising. No matter how good you are there's always someone better and vice versa. Goodluck senpai

Users who are viewing this thread