Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 59

Fed-Kun's army
so I'm guessing the reason he doesn't just use his control skill on the dagger to attack from range is cause the dagger damage doesn't scale with his strength unless he's actually holding it? cause otherwise he could've just always run away and attacked with the controlled dagger when he had a safe moment

• Thinking
Reactions: GK
Aggregator gang
His huge punch against that boss was about as effective as this:

8x7djn.jpg

I'm having some sort of hopes for this fight to develop in some sort of plot point since they pretty much skipped all the other boss fights and decided to show this one. Makes me a bit wary on what is going to happen.

Aggregator gang
A manhwa about grinding and it's actually good, well maybe good is a little bit too high of evaluation , but definitely enjoyable. Korea what have you done, what have you done?! Please continue.

Where the hell did he go? Hes in a red gate in hell literally, fighting a lower level demon boss from hell.

Dex-chan lover
You don't have time to dodge, but you have time to call for someone to throw a shield at you, catch it, and use it to block.
I know these characters think and talk at x10 the speed of light when fighting, but dang, that shield must have been also thrown at the same speed.

Dex-chan lover
It's quite interesting that when he simply jumped and punched that Vulcan behemoth, he himself wasn't affected at all, only Vulcan was sent flying fast and far. That is, Newton's third law of motion was ignored. However, later he avoided the club swing by realising that his telekinesis can't move a thing as large as Vulcan significantly, but the opposite force (what he called recoil) is enough to affect his own body, pushing him out of the danger zone. That is, the third law was in effect. Quite convenient indeed!

Edit: More importantly, Hunter Park Hee-Jin is really beautiful. The MC should get closer to her, assuming she's still single. She should possess quite a positive attitude toward the MC, considering she's alive thanks to him. Unless she's afraid of him.

• This
Dex-chan lover
@Redice
The way I'm looking at it, he had time to 'move' but he wouldn't be able to dodge the hit as the demon would simply adjust and hit his new position anyway.

@Kaarme Newton's law wasn't ignored. In order for that law to create the blowback you were expecting, Vulcan would have had to provide sufficient resistance to present a hindrance to the MC's punch. If the power of the punch is overwhelming, then Newton's law manifests as the demon flying off into the distance. Or just shattering.

Ask any martial artist who breaks stuff (boards, concrete blocks, etc.), and they'll tell you that actually breaking the board doesn't inflict much resistance or pain. If the application of force is sufficient to overcome the target's resistance, most/all of the "reaction" is inflicted on the target instead of the puncher.

@InsaneInsomniac That's not it. As we've seen here and in the ice elf fight, the damage does scale. The problem is this: "Don't throw your best weapons at the enemy. He'll pick them up and use them on you." If his daggers are all the way over there, it's easier for a canny enemy to take them from him.

• Thinking
Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork No. How much does Vulcan, with his size of a large building, weigh? Who knows how many tons, probably as much as a tank. To send him flying requires a huge amount of force. According to Newton's third law, that same force will affect the MC as well. However, it didn't. He merely observed in peace and quiet how Vulcan flew a hundred meters. A martial artist breaking some brittle, light things for show doesn't mean anything in comparison. Call me back when a martial artist punches an APC, causing the APC to move several meters, without affecting the martial artist himself at all. But don't call me back when the martial artist merely tries to push the APC, hoping for better Nikes to wear for maximum friction, so that he's not in fact only pushing himself in the opposite direction, while the APC remains motionless.

Users who are viewing this thread