Battle in 5 Seconds After Meeting - Vol. 3 Ch. 27 - Other Person

Dex-chan lover
There are a lot of nuances to his power (and anyone's power, really), but that's one down, at least. It's good that it's not so convenient as full control over the 'other' person.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter Helvetica Scans and for the very helpful TL rant notes!

It's nice we got his ability cleared. Also Kirisaki is on blue team!

Aggregator gang
That explanation is nice and all, but how did he switch from telepathy to cannon if his opponents can't think and his allies aren't seeing him as a target?

It’s starting to get interesting again, I’m glad. I mean it’s still not THAT great, but it’s okay.

Honestly I started to get disappointed after chapter 3 or so, since I had high hopes for this manga. The author isn’t intelligent enough for this kind of manga but it’s still somewhat entertaining.

Man I miss those really amazing and intelligent mangas like btooom and death note.
Although btooom had too much fanservice.

Dex-chan lover
If his ability is what his target actively thinks instead of what he believes then why the hell he wasn't able to activate it against the old man in the first time? he said that it's because the said old man didn't believe him because of how cautious and skeptical he is, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with the blond girl...

Remember how Ibitsu's premise is basically nonsensical in anything but Japanese?
"Do you have (need) a little sister?"

Fuck that.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. I was afraid it was gonna devolve into an edgefest like Deadman Wonderland, and it definitely still has that potential, but thus far it's held a careful balance and it definitely has an interesting premise. Here's hoping it pulls a Psyren and verges into totally awesome instead.

Dex-chan lover
That explanation is nice and all, but how did he switch from telepathy to cannon if his opponents can't think and his allies aren't seeing him as a target?

@es_kan
The team leaders see him as a "target". He presented himself as a potential threat (pointing the cannon at the old man and asking to be teamed up with Yuuri), leading to this situation where he only has to switch his "target" to any of the team leaders to activate his cannon.

There's some nuance to the meaning of "the other person" or "target". Yuuri has to consider Akira as a "target" despite trusting him. Perhaps "target" means the object of thought? like "I think this person has the cannon ability"?

So her real thinking should be “he should activate his [ability] right now” instead of “he has this [ability]”. This would be way easier

Users who are viewing this thread