Beauty and the Beast Girl - Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
CqdwGSO.png

Smooth as a pile of bricks.

Dex-chan lover
love the Lip and Iris love story as a side dish. Much more wholesome when more characters are sharing the story🤗

I guess Iris is something either something Eldritch/Lovecraftion or maybe a golem or homunculus? Since she refers herself to something, I think it either implies extradimensional origin (since regular monster seem to exist in that world already) or a thing, as in a construct or something created.

Although this also sheds kind of an interesting light on the father. Is he a man of culture and is into monstergirls? Was Lilys mother possible also a monstergirl?

@Kisato
In reference to the housekeeper from Magus' Bride? Hm, I can see that as a reference, although if you look at the design, she is wearing very concealing clothes. You only ever see her head, as well as her hands and lower arms. Which makes me think she probably is something more "sinister" or what would be viewed as such.

Or maybe she is a big chuunibyou and hides and even greater darkness - one that might destroy the whole estate if revealed!

Dex-chan lover
Regarding Iris' secret, I could have sworn I saw her taking care of little girl Lily in a flashback... And she looked exactly the same. My guess is that she's immortal or has an exceptionally long lifespan, so she doesn't want people to get close to her and die off.

If I had to think of a common story pattern, it's possible she had a close relationship with a human, but when the human grew old they shoved her away out of spite. Or something along those lines.

Also the fact that Lord Blind is secretly (not really) a superhuman... somehow not surprising. Someone with that many stitches better have earned them.

Aggregator gang
I wonder what Miss Iris will turn out to be. It seems like monster people tend to gravitate towards the Blind family.

@DracoInduperator This is a huge guess and could be totally off or someone might have said it already. I think that when there was that flashback of Heath saving that girl in the forest.. That girl would of been Lilys mom. She had a weak body and was saved by a "monster" but when they got back to town the townsfolk treated that monster that saved her as something "evil/bad" and that sort of thing affected her. So naturally as she grew older she had a soft spot for so called "monsters"

Edit: Another note... I wouldn't know what Iris is, something immortal I guess like other people are saying. Iris was probably the first "monster" that Lilys mom "saved".

Aggregator gang
@codydub03 that's a really neat idea about Lily's mom. It wold cool if it's true. Although this does make me wonder just how much older Heath is than Lily.

@DracoInduperator Hahaha, that's a tough one.. I would assume shes around the same age her mom would of been. So, maybe 50-ish?? However, with the type of monster she is it could be comparable to a human in their 20s?? *shrugs*

Aggregator gang
@codydub Yeah, IIRC Heath was already an adult when she torched that town before Lily was even born. So I'm going to assume Heath at least twice Lily's age.

Dex-chan lover
@DreamCarver I think you're thinking of the published version of this manga. the fourth chapter had a flashback scene when Iris looked at Heath.

Users who are viewing this thread