Blue Period - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Efficient Use of Time

Dex-chan lover
I felt for him. I’m currently in an arts program and my parents think it’s a waste of time and I think I’ve fallen into that hole as well. But what I want to do is graphic design and I am not my parents. I want to do what I love

Dex-chan lover
Man, his friends are actually really good bros.

"Hey, I think he really likes art."
"Good for him, I was worried he didn't have anything to care about."

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Oh no his friends are actually really observant and sweet!!
Oh no my heeeeeeart~

Also crap that discussion with his art teacher.
I've had that exact moment, that rush of motivation. But the question of "Can I really do it?" never goes away. That uncertainty never diminishes.

Fed-Kun's army
Hm, the "Yachigusa Matsuba" artist for the "Old painting" example is the author, "Yamaguchi Tsubasa", with the letters rearranged, isn't it? It reminds me of a beach. I mean, it doesn't look like a realistic beach, but those first circular things look like footprints in the sand, even if the pattern isn't anything you'd ever see. The darker spot looks like a wet spot on a textile fabric, which has nothing to do with beaches, but gives a feeling of "wet." The line in the corner feels like a receding wave when you don't trace it. The black spots can be anything - crabs, stones, mussels, shells.

Dex-chan lover
The teacher is beautiful... Like, very feminine and elegant.
@Paru now that I'm living thanks to my art, my only regret in life is that I didn't start sooner... Well I did, but I gave up too young when it turned a little harder, those wasted years where I didn't have any goals were the worst, so I hope you continue and have fun with it, even when the work gets harder, remember that the goal is already there in the horizon so as long as you keep going you'll get there.

Dex-chan lover
If you're not bothered by a school, friends, or work, then 650 days is more than enough to learn how to draw like a god. Especially when you're Asian.

Aggregator gang
and supportive as well. It's really nice to see manga artists portraying people as multi-dimensional beings instead of "you're a 'delinquent' so your personality will be 100% dedicated to that and nothing else" @exxeld

Double-page supporter
I really like how the author goes in depth about Yaguchi's thought and feelings and also introduces the technical aspects of art, and it's not just '*boom* I'm an artist now'. Really great psychology.

Users who are viewing this thread