The Makeup Remover - Ch. 28

I was so excited for this chapter and it really paid off! I really love the motivation from her about it! I can't wait to see what the judges will think. Thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
I was actually ready to be disappointed. I am happy to be wrong

Aggregator gang
So...we see red despite it being impossible to determine what color it was?

Group Leader
@breizh it's just that one gets used to seeing something in a certain color you tend to imagine it that way even if the image is in black and white. Just like how you wouldn't think a apple would be blue if you saw it on monochrome colors, she's saying that when one thinks of lips and lipstick, the subconcious bias is red lipstick. The rest of the explanation is some shit about bringing awaraness about muh stereotypes and how breaking them would let you be yourself.

Our experience of color is surprisingly less about the literal wavelengths than we think. A lot of what we perceive as color is psychological... we infer it based on the surrounding colors and somewhat by our expectations.

Love this.
As an artist (although not a make up one) we think a lot about colour concepts and it’s use, depending on the artist, we also explore different emotions and psychological affects on the viewers.
Not only do we think of what the image represents but also how it is seen.
So I really love this concept on red.

I’m doing animation and animation is all about people filling the gaps not shown visually, unconsciously. And let me tell you, your brain does a lot more work for you than you think, a crappy looking animation can look amazing up to how the audience fill in the stuff the animator hasn’t drawn.
The most weirdly morphed objects can just look like a cool movement.
As long as you’re brain processes it as something comprehendable, then you will see things that are not there.

You can look at a cloud and think it’s just white, but when painting it, it actually has all sorts of ther colours and shades.

You can copy a picture with blue clothing, but when drawing it, you realise, although there the clothing is blue, it needs to be somewhat purple because the overview of the picture is drawn in warm pink and orange. Like a layer of warm colours was layed on top of the picture.

I was taught that, your not really looking, unless you have drawn it.
Everyone has seen a bike, but can you draw one without reference?

You can immediate recognise a hazard sign as a hazard sign, because your been taught that’s what it looks like.

Recognising these things can make you a much better artist.

Double-page supporter
Well, this turned out to be more interesting than I expected , I'm pleasantly surprised!

@Sparrow75 Thank you, your comment made this chapter feel even better, and as a fan of animation myself (though not much of an artist) I found your words quite inspiring!

Fed-Kun's army
This reminds me of high school/ college and the deadline for the essay you're writing is coming up. The pressure from the time limit forces ideas out of your brain that you wouldn't have thought of otherwise. They had to come up with that concept in no time and half of it was a genuinely interesting and new idea, and the other half is bullshit because you had no other choice so if you can convince everyone this wasn't last minute and was planned, you're good.

Power Uploader
I'm still confused with how a camera took the shot. I'd understand if they took a coloured shot and then performed some image manipulation and masking. (Writing up some code or otherwise to eventually mask out the other colours and leave the desired one in the picture while grayscaling the rest.) But the guy said that he had a strict schedule; so he either somehow took the picture on the spot (which could immediately mask out that specific green colour and convert it to a deep red which is not what the exact reverse of that green colour was so even if he could, it'd take a while to calibrate), or our MC modified the picture afterwards (which is cheating —otherwise all of the other contestants could have photoshopped their own pictures).

Please tell me I'm not crazy for thinking this.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I just noticed that the final picture that they used for the photoshoot is just monochrome (grayscale). So there isn't actually any red colour in the picture that they submitted. (Which is what she had been going on about the entire chapter.) *Says in a deep voice:* "You think that's air you're breathing?"

Dex-chan lover
It's up to the voters now!! ohohohohoh Which coughcoughcough i won't spoil

@amaterasunaps - Definitely. You made me think of that eye / speed test where it shows you the names of colors but the color shows up in a different color than what it says. So it shows you the word "Red" but the color of the word is Blue. The correct answer would be Blue but your brain / sight / the way our brains "fill in the blanks for us quickly" will have you hovering over or possibly even answering "Red" even though the test is asking you to fill in the answer for what color the text appears as, not what word it is.

@Sparrow75 - Great points, great points. Our eyes are not high megapixel video cameras / cameras. The center of our vision IS a "very high megapixel camera" but as you measure outward the further you get from the middle of where you are looking the "lower the resolution" becomes. It's similar to how every single one of us is looking down our own noses at all times. Both eyes are seeing our nose and possibly things like glasses at all times but our brain does the work to "remove" the static objects in front of us in order to process the things we are looking at better / interpret them in a more "efficient-type" way.

@Send_in_the_Killer_Clowns - Digital cameras have Black & White settings or if he's shooting a film camera he could be using Black & White film.

Dex-chan lover
I never expected such deep philosofical moments in a manga about make up.

Users who are viewing this thread