This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

I still have no idea why shes actively trying to screw over the guy who is DESTINED TO EXECUTE HER. Why wouldn't you try to get on his good side? I realize she wants to make sure that even if he gets diposed she won't get tossed aside, but she knows that doesn't happen! So isn't the right way to go to dipose the people who try to dipose him? Idk maybe I'm an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
@xPureHavock
Because her greatest enemy right now is the Empress. So getting in good with her and selling out some minor details won't harm anything.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe she is trying to cover her bases by playing on both teams?

Dex-chan lover
I have faith. She's just warming up to the empress in order to survive until she can retaliate. Even thou she sold information, it was warped, as she stated the mercenaries were useless even though she knows they will be pretty important.
Thanks for the chapter.

Unless she is doing that to reduce the number of spies and tell the prince her plan in secret during the next chapters, I don't get what's happening.

tbh I’m kinda down w A villainess who’s only looking out for herself, but if she’s playing for both bases that’s cool too

Dex-chan lover
... If she fks over the Prince she's fked though...
Really don't get this train of thought.
Sure she has insider knowledge, but she has to be confident enough she can outplay the empress and the prince if she goes down this path
(which normaly people really shouldn't do)...

Safer option would just be to piggyback off the Prince's eventual victory.
Guess that be boring though.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for updating this interesting story~~~

Ah I see what she's doing, she's getting on the empress' good side all the while getting rid of other spies in the princes' vicinity so her reports to the empress and her future plans don't get compromised

So getting the princes' trust comes next I surmise? This is getting interesting

Thanks so much for the chapter. I agree with everyone that she is using the Empress to get better things for them both and moving away the spies. I hope this doesn't cause a misunderstanding tho. I want them to be allies.

Fed-Kun's army
What she's doing makes sense though, as the prince has no power (not even to protect his child wife) and the queen reigns supreme within the palace. Whether she likes the prince or not, if she angers the queen she's dead. She's choosing to be a double agent instead: give the queen just enough information that she's counted a valuable asset, while strengthening the position of the prince. Eventually, the scale will tip and the queen loses her power, and she can use everything she knows about the queen as a weapon for the prince to use.
The only real question is if the author is gonna do that annoying thing where the prince and princess have "misunderstandings" because the princess stupidly hides information she should have told. I hope that's not how the author does it. The real drama should be in constantly escaping the queen's suspicion and supporting the prince, not fighting with the prince over her being stupid.

Fed-Kun's army
I concur. The next thing she has to do is talk with the prince, reveal her game and decide together what information feed the queen with.

Users who are viewing this thread